Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

injecting herself! how can i help her?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, ok for a while ive known my 17 year old sister uses a drug where she injects herself. I spoke to her about it, she said she was going to stop, we were talkin this mornin and i noticed she stil has needle marks in her arms, i asked her and she just broke down in to tears.
She explained she couldnt stop, she said shes scared to go to the doctors about it. Does any body know any way in which i can help her or any way of advisin her on what to do n stuff?
replies would be much appreciated, Thanks XxX

Comments

• Options
    what is it she takes?
    she can stop, although it may take time, she has to want to. I know what shes going through as i used to do it myself. ask her what she takes. heroin and speed are the most commonly injected drugs. try posting on the drugs board as morrocan roll also has experience of this but he only really posts on the drugs board.
  • Options
    Call these people:

National Drugs Helpline
    Free confidential advice, information and help about drugs. Open 24 hours a day. They can refer you onto local drug services and send out free literature.
    Helpline: 0800 776600
    website
  • Options
    I'd tell her to go to the docter about it, even if he wanted to report it to the police he cant, its the law!
    But as has been mentioned, it really depends on what she's taking, if its heroin then the withdrawl will be quite different to if its speed, either way a docter is the bloke to speak to.
  • Options
    You said she's scared to go to the doctor, but since you already know about it, maybe she'd go if you offered to go with her for "moral support"? Just a thought. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Just be there for her, let her know that you'll support her
    You said she's scared to go to the doctor, but since you already know about it, maybe she'd go if you offered to go with her for "moral support"? Just a thought. Best of luck.

**agrees**

Take care and good luck, hope things get sorted out

:)
  • Options
    shes on heroin i think, yeah maybe i sholud go with her some where, shes just scared thats all, and im the only one that knows really and i dont like the weight im carryin cz if suttin happened to her id blame myself, thanx for your advice xx