Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An update about Friday Group Chats

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hi everyone,

You might have noticed that we've had to close group chats more frequently over the last few weeks and this is because we haven’t always had enough volunteers available to help us safely run these sessions. We’re also working as a smaller team at the moment meaning recruitment is taking a bit longer than it usually does.

To help keep as many group chats open reliably as we can, we will be temporarily closing them on Fridays. This means we can move the volunteers that we have on this day, to other days in the week to help keep those chats open. The good news is that we are in the process of training some new volunteers so we should be back to our usual chat schedule soon.

We will be arranging some group chat threads on the discussion boards for Fridays and we hope to run these most weeks so you still have a place to get some support :)

When will Friday group chats be opening again?
We’re not sure on an exact date yet, but we're working hard to recruit new mods and will let you know as soon as we have a full team again.

Where can I go for support when chat isn’t open?
The discussion boards are here as always for you to reach out for support about anything. We also planning to set up General Chat and Support Chat threads for Fridays when chat isn’t running.

You can also get in touch with The Mix's webchat and helpline which are open until 11pm.

If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest a&e. Our Crisis Messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. To reach out to them, you can text THEMIX to 85258.

Let us know if you have any questions about anything at all :star:

Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    If I am being completely honest, it does not surprise me that this has ended up happening. I get that it is really hard to be down to a much smaller team as to what you would usually have. I think that you are doing amazingly to have done what you are doing.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thank you for being so understanding @Dancer, that's really lovely to hear you think we're doing amazingly :D

We sadly won't be able to run a Group Chat thread tonight - we need a bit more time to plan but they will be on from next week.

In the meantime, feel free to vote on our poll to help us decide how we should run our Friday boards chats - https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3601219/how-should-we-run-our-friday-group-chats-on-the-boards/p1?new=1

Speak soon everyone <3
    - Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.