Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

medical weed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone heard any anouncement about the prescribing of dope for medical use. it all seems very vague to me. who in authority do we ask about growing one plant for personal use ?
the government have not made the issue very clear at all. it's ok to carry personal amounts..therefore it's ok to smoke the stuff. but sell your mate any and thier gonna lock you up for longer.
it's ilegal to buy any. any cafes opening will be closed almost imediately. does anybody, including the police and the courts know what the fcuk is going on. what IS the legal framework.

Comments

• Options
    As far as I'm aware, scientists are working on pin pointing the exact chemicals that cause pain relief, and prescribing them for medical use, not actual cannabis.

The chemicals were successfully removed, and tested on people. It worked...sort of. It provided pain relief for whatever difficulties the patients had before, but they also recieved a searing migrane.

The government don't want people to get the 'high', just the pain relief.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    As far as I'm aware, scientists are working on pin pointing the exact chemicals that cause pain relief, and prescribing them for medical use, not actual cannabis.

The chemicals were successfully removed, and tested on people. It worked...sort of. It provided pain relief for whatever difficulties the patients had before, but they also recieved a searing migrane.

The government don't want people to get the 'high', just the pain relief.

i have damaged a couple of discs in my spine and all the pain killers i have tried have unpleasant side effects. if they mess with weed it will no doubt have unpleasant side effects. but that way the drug companies control blah blah blah....weed as it is , is not a pain killer in the normal sense. if my back gives me grief i have a smoke and...forget i'm in pain. realy....then i go to pick up something heavy and a little voice in my head reminds me i'm in pain so i tread carefully. weed as you all know tends to make you step to oneside of yourself ..detached maybe a better description
    how detached depends on how much of course. but small one skinner for pain relief removes me from the pain as opposed to removing the pain from me. so it's not a pain killer in the traditional sense. instead of unpleasant side effects ...the side effects are very pleasant. why do you think the powers that be have a problem with that? if it gets rid of pain but has unpleasant
    side effects thats ok. but if it does the job AND makes you feel good thats not ok ?
  • Options
    maybe because unpleasant side effects discourage abuse, whereas pleasant side effects would likely encourage people to take more than strictly neccesary to control pain or whatever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    maybe because unpleasant side effects discourage abuse, whereas pleasant side effects would likely encourage people to take more than strictly neccesary to control pain or whatever.

mind and mood control by politicaly motivated people cant be right. they cant be doing it for your/my good. what the fuck has it got to do with you or him or them if i want to take medication that makes me feel good ? a medication we all know is not gonna make me steal your telly or rape and murder your family. they just dont get it do they. to much dope makes me useless like to much booze. i have far to much to do to be getting myself in that state...occasionaly fine.....once they do actualy understand that ..hey the population are less violent and far more content ......they'll be putting it in the friggin water supply!
    but for now it seems to me they just dont fucking have a clue. they dont have a clue why they just made it class c do they.
    they did it under pressure hoping to fuck the people pressuring them know what thier talking about.