Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi there :)

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
Hi, I'm Amy. I'm kinda new here. I am a Film and TV student, (My dream is to become a writer or script writer :smiley: ). I am passionate about video games, reading, writing, crochet, listening to music and playing guitar. I can't wait to start my adventure here and meet everyone. :smile:
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    Hi, I'm Sinead - welcome to the mix :)
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 447 Listening Ear
    Hey Amy, welcome to our community! It's nice to have you, can't wait to see you around! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Thank you so much :smiley:
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,156 Boards Champion
    Hi Amy :) welcome!😊
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @AmyApollo22! It's awesome to have you. Nice intro. :) I'm a huge TV and movie buff (and aspiring writer). What video games are you into?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Aww thank you so much Mike. Its a pleasure to meet you :smile:. At the moment I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing New Horizons, and Human Fall Flat which is really fun to play. I also like the Ghostbusters video game which I played on my switch, it's soo good!.
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @AmyApollo22 Hi Amy. Studying Film and TV sounds so exciting! I saw the film ‘Nitram’ at the weekend. The cinematography was beautiful and suspenseful. It’s great to see you have loads of passions. What do you like to read? :-)
  • Options
    Aww thank you @Stellaluna. It is so much fun, but can be so hard at the same time especially the editing and deadlines. However, I love my course so much. Just completed my first year, waiting for my results. Can't wait for year two!.

Wow that sounds like a cool film, will have to check it out at some point :D . I like reading mystery or fantasy books. I'm not very particular in genre, but if I had to choose fantasy. My favourite book has to be the "Percy Jackson" book series by Rick Riordan. Its all about Greek mythology which I like to study in my spare time. Haven't been reading lately as I struggle to focus for a long time.
  • Options
    @AmyApollo22 Good luck with the results. I'm glad you enjoy the course, and it makes motivation to study a bit easier. It’s always nice to have ideas of what to read so thanks for sharing. I have started reading ‘Things we lost in the fire’ by Mariana Enriquez which is Argentinian Gothic horror so I hope I don’t scare myself too much!
    Hopefully when the summer break comes you’ll have some more free time for reading.
  • Options
    @Stellaluna aw thank u so much. Its been such a blast doing my course :D.

Oo that sounds like a cool book, I hope you enjoy reading it. I'm currently on my summer break which is okay, but it kinda been a bit boring but relaxing.
  • Options
    @AmyApollo22 Thanks. The first part of the book includes homelessness, drug addiction and gang violence, so it's intense. Relaxing is good though, especially after being so busy! We all need some downtime. :-)
  • Options
    @Stellaluna That sounds really intense and suspenseful but interesting at the same time. I just searched that book up now and I read a sample of it online, it's sounds very good. I will have to put that on my reading list :smile: . I totally agree with relaxing as it's so important. I find it hard to relax sometimes but I do enjoy it :)

That book sounds kinda similar to a book I was halfway through reading. It's called 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman. It has a similar plot where the main character ends up in the London underground and there's a hidden world. The book was very good at describing the London underground so well. I think the book was also a metaphor for homelessness as there are themes of it in the book. I kinda need to finish reading it as I got halfway through and kinda lost my focus :D
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey :)
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl Hi :) how are ya?.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Hi Amy!
    Whats a signatureeeww