Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help us name our new ChatBot!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,047 Boards Guru
edited May 2022 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

We have some exciting news to share with you all.

We'll be introducing a chatbot on our website soon to help support you with whatever you may be facing and signpost you to the right services. It will go on our 'Get Support' page and anyone will be able to use the chatbot to get support and find support options at any time.

We need your help choosing its name!

A few young people have suggested some great names so far and we'd love you to help in choosing the final name!

You can vote using the poll below and it has been made anonymous! Don't forget to head over to our Twitter and Instagram pages to vote on our channels here too. We'll be combing the results and choosing the name that has the most votes!

Can't wait to see the final name!

- Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Help us name our new ChatBot! 16 votes

MixBot
50% 8 votes
ChatBot
6% 1 vote
Mixel
37% 6 votes
Chatbot101
6% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    🔴 im sorry dave, im afraid i cant do that
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    edited May 2022
    i went chatbot101, cos like, i liked the name chatbot but 101 reminds me of room 101 which is where all your worst fears live, like robots

or maybe the 101 is binary for 5 and i like the implication (insinuation? English very not easy) that there were 4 other chatbots but they tried to take over the world and were sent to the recycling bin in the sky

oh the voting was supposed to be anonymous, sorry x
  • Options
    Hey everyonee, the results are in!

The name of the Chatbot is.....MixBot!

Thank you all for voting! Keep an eye on our website, MixBot will be released very soon!

- Aife & the team

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    how will the mixbot work
    You are loved and you are amazing
  • Options
    Our ChatBot is now live on our website and you can find it here - https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support

@Kesh260807 great question! The ChatBot will pop up on the right-hand side of the website and then you can talk to it and it will share resources and information to help you.

It looks like this:
    a980j1wr48sk.png

Feel free to give it a try and let us know what you think :)

- Aife & the team

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not sure I like mixbot, what ever question I ask it just doesn't understand what I'm saying and then it tries to guess but it goes horribly wrong.

Sorry :neutral:
    That's very fair feedback @Morgan007. :)

Would you be up for sending us a DM with the things you're saying and the answers it gives you? Then we can see where it might be going wrong and make it a bit smarter. :tongue:
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2022
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @mike sure, do I do it how I did it last time?
    Yep, that's right @Morgan007. Click here to send us a private message. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.