Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I cant help her not even myself

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys, I'm trying my best to support everyone in my life but it's like I'm trying but I can't. My girlfriend is really unwell so I can't help her, so all I can do is sit here and just wander if she'll be ok.

I feel really stressed and sad that the one person I love is suffering. She felt suicidal yesterday and she called a helpline but I hope she's okay and getting support as I haven't heard from her today.

My mum keeps asking me Brandon why are you upset because mum my girlfriend is struggling and I can't do anything for her. I just give myself up.

I just want to help her :(

Brandon

Comments

• Options
    She said some really concerning things, I'm so worried.
  • Options
    She's poorly.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    edited June 2022
    you are being amazing by supporting her, im glad shes doing what she can to help herself. best u can do is be supportive and i wish her the best. it sounds like she is headed for the right direction now that she did call a helpline
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    spoon wrote: »
    you are being amazing by supporting her, im glad shes doing what she can to help herself. best u can do is be supportive and i wish her the best. it sounds like she is headed for the right direction now that she did call a helpline

I just can't be there for her every second of every minute, but I want ro be. I feel like I am giving up on the one thing I truly love and want to keep safe, she said some things today but I am not sure whether I should of told someone so I'm beating myself up on that.
    Brandon
  • Options
    She would be safe if I told someone but clearly not
  • Options

I just can't be there for her every second of every minute, but I want ro be. I feel like I am giving up on the one thing I truly love and want to keep safe, she said some things today but I am not sure whether I should of told someone so I'm beating myself up on that.
    Brandon

It’s not too late to tell someone. It’s great you’ve been trying to help her but don’t beat yourself up because you feel like you’re beginning to give up. You are not a professional, you are nor trained for this sort of stuff, therefore you will be drained by it. She needs professional help.

You need to look after yourself too. Do not set yourself on fire to keep others warm. She gets your warmth from your love, that’s all she can really ask from you and that’s what you’ve been doing.

Not many people are as self aware about their problems as your girlfriend and that is admirable. It sounds like she wants help and she’s trying to get it. It’ll be good if you tell someone if you ever feel like her life is at risk.

Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Brandon

It’s not too late to tell someone. It’s great you’ve been trying to help her but don’t beat yourself up because you feel like you’re beginning to give up. You are not a professional, you are nor trained for this sort of stuff, therefore you will be drained by it. She needs professional help.

You need to look after yourself too. Do not set yourself on fire to keep others warm. She gets your warmth from your love, that’s all she can really ask from you and that’s what you’ve been doing.

Not many people are as self aware about their problems as your girlfriend and that is admirable. It sounds like she wants help and she’s trying to get it. It’ll be good if you tell someone if you ever feel like her life is at risk.

I will, I'm sorry. I just fund it hard but I'm trying.
  • Options
    Hey guys, I feel like I've let her down by telling someone I don't know what to do, I'm stressing. She hasn't said anything 😔
  • Options
    Hey guys, I feel like I've let her down by telling someone I don't know what to do, I'm stressing. She hasn't said anything 😔

sometimes when you tell someone, they'll sometimes get mad about it. you havent heard from her so maybe shes not mad but havent mentioned it. please dont take that as a sign you did something wrong, you did that because you care about her and you shouldnt bare all of this on your shoulders alone. you already have your own stuff on your shoulders. she shouldnt have to feel this way alone either, however, this shouldnt come at a cost of your mental health. by the way, im not blaming her at all if it comes across like that, of course its great she has support from you, but you need to take care of yourself too. thats why its a good idea to tell someone, so that she can get support, theyll eventually be less weight on both your shoulders
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

sometimes when you tell someone, they'll sometimes get mad about it. you havent heard from her so maybe shes not mad but havent mentioned it. please dont take that as a sign you did something wrong, you did that because you care about her and you shouldnt bare all of this on your shoulders alone. you already have your own stuff on your shoulders. she shouldnt have to feel this way alone either, however, this shouldnt come at a cost of your mental health. by the way, im not blaming her at all if it comes across like that, of course its great she has support from you, but you need to take care of yourself too. thats why its a good idea to tell someone, so that she can get support, theyll eventually be less weight on both your shoulders

I heard from her but she didn't mention anything, she says it's her fault that she has it but tbh it's not it's her mind telling her that. I'm fine BTW!
  • Options

I heard from her but she didn't mention anything, she says it's her fault that she has it but tbh it's not it's her mind telling her that. I'm fine BTW!

okay it doesnt sound like she's mad so that's a good thing. of course its not her fault, i hope she figures out how to help her mental health, eat properly and that and i hope she gets support soon. im glad ur okay, please dont blame yourself for how someone's wellbeing is <3
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

okay it doesnt sound like she's mad so that's a good thing. of course its not her fault, i hope she figures out how to help her mental health, eat properly and that and i hope she gets support soon. im glad ur okay, please dont blame yourself for how someone's wellbeing is <3

Hey spoon.

She said she's in touch with a nurse at her local doctor surgery, so that's a good thing. I blame myself because if I didn't cause her heart break before then maybe she'd be okay. BTW thank you!
  • Options

Hey spoon.

She said she's in touch with a nurse at her local doctor surgery, so that's a good thing. I blame myself because if I didn't cause her heart break before then maybe she'd be okay. BTW thank you!

sometimes things happen and we end up not being okay for a while. sometimes we end up not being okay just because. you feeling bad are only gonna make things harder. im really happy she got in touch with a nurse ((:
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options

Hey spoon.

sometimes things happen and we end up not being okay for a while. sometimes we end up not being okay just because. you feeling bad are only gonna make things harder. im really happy she got in touch with a nurse ((:

I was on ft to her asking her to tell someone bcz I want her to not get to unwell to need to be sectioned. Ik that's really rude of me to say to her you need to but I can't let her suffer it is hard on me tbh.
  • Options

Hey spoon.

I was on ft to her asking her to tell someone bcz I want her to not get to unwell to need to be sectioned. Ik that's really rude of me to say to her you need to but I can't let her suffer it is hard on me tbh.

nah i dont think its rude. it takes a lot to get sectioned tho. i hope she does get help. u do have to decide to want help to get better so dont be hard on yourself <3
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Hey spoon.

nah i dont think its rude. it takes a lot to get sectioned tho. i hope she does get help. u do have to decide to want help to get better so dont be hard on yourself <3

Thank you. She's got sectioned before for not eating that's why I'm like she needs to get help tbh. But I understand where your coming from.so
  • Options
    My gf just sent me a msg saying her dad thinks I'm grooming her. Ik she been groomed before but I'm not. Tbh I'm just upset 😭