Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

med lasting

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,966 Community Veteran
edited May 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
how long can someone go without antidepressants, wat r the side effects
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    The Mix's article on antidepressents has this info on withdrawal symptoms:
    Withdrawal symptoms

A third of people who are coming off antidepressants can have withdrawal symptoms – this doesn’t mean that you are addicted, but it isn’t unusual for people to find it difficult to come off antidepressants. If you’re coming off Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI), symptoms may include:
    • Dizziness;
    • Stomach upsets;
    • Vivid dreams;
    • Panic attacks;
    • Diarrhoea;
    • Flu-like symptoms;
    • Anxiety;
    • Sensations that feel like electric shocks.

You’re also more likely to get withdrawal symptoms if you’re skipping doses, or if you’re on other medication that may act with the antidepressant. You may also find your withdrawal symptoms worse if you initially suffered from anxiety when you started taking antidepressants.
    There's also a bit more info at the end of the article which might be useful @ellie2000. :)

Are you coming off antidepressants yourself?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    no, if i think im running ut, i sortof ration them, till i get more
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    edited May 2022
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    no, if i think im running ut, i sortof ration them, till i get more

That sounds a good idea, but you could always ask for more, so yk you got them even if you run out especially so you don't have to stress
  • Options
    i hav life stress
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Do you want to talk a little more about that, Ellie? 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    moving, flat decorating event got thier a**es into gear, and i dont no wat to do wen ppl r whittering about wat im not doin yet vent at me their problems. where im living now i h8ed it. i had a...rant email, text etc. ppl dont think tht i can stand my ground, y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    im uncertain nd dna how to cope
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Ellie,

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and that can feel overwhelming. How are you feeling about moving?

You mention that you are feeling uncertain; may I ask what it is that you feel uncertain about?

When I feel uncertain about things, I like to document all of my thoughts. I either journal, or voice note them to myself. Seeing the thoughts in front of me really helps me to work through confusing times. How would you feel about this? I wonder if you can think of anything that has helped you before too? :heart: