Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried about the war

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited May 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I am so worried that the war might extend over here if the situation gets worse. I know it probably wouldn't but I cannot stop thinking about it. Why human beings hate each other? What is the point? I have friends from all over the world and cannot imagine turning against each other.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    I am so worried that the war might extend over here if the situation gets worse. I know it probably wouldn't but I cannot stop thinking about it. Why human beings hate each other? What is the point? I have friends from all over the world and cannot imagine turning against each other.

Hey Kate,

I hear your worries, I understand why you would be worried as of course we don't want it coming here as we've done nothing wrong, does keeping up with the news trigger these feelings of anxiously worrying to be more noticed when reading articles? Some articles online are mainly fake, but sky news of course isn't but I understand where you are coming from,

Sending you my love x
  • Options
    chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular

Hey @Kate_20 I can understand why you are worried about the war. If you watch a lot of news it can be difficult as there is a lot of coverage in the media at the moment and it can be difficult to stop thinking about it when you hear about it every day. One thing that could help is to look at other news sources (not ones that are fake of course!). If you have Instagram a good site to follow is @the_happy_broadcast which every Sunday post a collection of positive news from around the world (including some more positive news about the war and what people are doing to help). They also have a podcast which might be a good listen. :)
  • Options
    chloe224488chloe224488 Posts: 79 Budding Regular

Hey @Kate_20 I can understand why you are worried about the war. If you watch a lot of news it can be difficult as there is a lot of coverage in the media at the moment and it can be difficult to stop thinking about it when you hear about it every day. One thing that could help is to look at other news sources (not ones that are fake of course!). If you have Instagram a good site to follow is @the_happy_broadcast which every Sunday post a collection of positive news from around the world (including some more positive news about the war and what people are doing to help). They also have a podcast which might be a good listen. :)

https://www.thehappybroadcast.com/
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited May 2022
    Hi @Kate_20,

You've done so well to share these worries with us here. I want you to know that we hear you and are always here if you need a space to work through these feelings :heart:

War is such a truly difficult topic. I completely understand your worries and questions. Your feelings are so valid.

I can hear that this is something you can't stop thinking about. This sounds really difficult. Have you spoken to anybody about these worries before?

Sometimes, when we are constantly thinking about something, it can be helpful to dive into a distraction that we enjoy. While it's important to acknowledge our emotions, just as you have done so brilliantly today, distractions can be helpful when we feel like we just can't switch off from those feelings. Are there any hobbies/interests/distration techniques that have worked for you before, or that you might like to try?

You really are not alone - we are right here with you. Take good care :heart:
  • Options
    @Leila Unfortunately I cannot get rid of the info when I don't watch the news. People talk about it. Thanks @chloe224488 for the recommendation. I followed the account on Insta
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    @Leila Unfortunately I cannot get rid of the info when I don't watch the news. People talk about it. Thanks @chloe224488 for the recommendation. I followed the account on Insta

Okay sorry
  • Options
    @coc0mac Thanks. I just cannot relax when doing other things. I am also crushed by the job-seeking proces. I argued with people out of nowhere and I cried over eating yohurt. I just feel like life wouldn't get better any more no matter what I do.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    It sounds like things are super overwhelming right now. I know that the job-seeking process is overwhelming, tiring, and can be crushing like you say. And with fears of the war, it sounds like there is a lot going on in your mind. When things feel so overwhelming, it can be difficult to see towards a more positive time. However, these difficult times truly are temporary. No matter how hard times may feel, I really believe that things can and DO get better :heart:

May I check whether anybody around you knows that you are feeling this way?
  • Options
    It isn't about how much value I have or what kind of future I may have. It is about I am scared of breaking down like that if I do get employed. Nobody would understand or they may not have time or energy to talk to me.