Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What day should we run our U16's Group Chat?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
edited February 2022 in Community Announcements
Hi everyone,

Some of you may be familiar with our Under 16's group chats that we run every two weeks on a Saturday. These are group chats for anyone under the age of 16 to come along to and get support.

We'd like to try running these every week on a weekday evening to allow more people to come along who may be busy on a Saturday. We've set up a poll with some possible days we could run this on during the week. Let us know what day you'd prefer :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

What day should we run our U16's Group Chat? 7 votes

Tuesday
14% 1 vote
Wednesday
85% 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,815 Master Poster
    I don't really think many people are actually aware of Under 16's Chat and it usually ends up with only 1 or 2 users under 16 attending and maybe 2 or 3 users over 16 and even then that is on a busy session. There have been times where it has literally just been me and the mod and the session closed early as it was so quiet.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    When you say under 16, does that mean up to the user's 16th birthday or up to the day before their 17th birthday?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Seeing as support circle is on a Tuesday it might make more sense to have this on a Wednesday? So that if someone would benefit from either chat but they can't do one of the nights there's the other one on the other night? Does that make sense haha, I'm 19 now but I used to love under 16s chat when I was that age.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Thank you both for sharing your feedback @Dancer and @independent_, this is really valuable to hear!
    I don't really think many people are actually aware of Under 16's Chat and it usually ends up with only 1 or 2 users under 16 attending and maybe 2 or 3 users over 16 and even then that is on a busy session. There have been times where it has literally just been me and the mod and the session closed early as it was so quiet.

@Dancer this is really true, we're hoping running on a weekday might work a bit better for people to come along as Saturdays can be busy for some people which could be one reason why it's been quiet. We'd also like to do a bit of a re-launch when we move to a new day and try and promote it a bit more on our social media channels and counselling service :)
    When you say under 16, does that mean up to the user's 16th birthday or up to the day before their 17th birthday?

It can be those who are 16 and under, so up until their 17th birthday :)
    Seeing as support circle is on a Tuesday it might make more sense to have this on a Wednesday? So that if someone would benefit from either chat but they can't do one of the nights there's the other one on the other night? Does that make sense haha, I'm 19 now but I used to love under 16s chat when I was that age.

@independent_ this is great feedback and we agree perhaps Wednesdays would work better on a different night to Support Circle. Really lovely to hear that you loved U16's chat when you were younger. Time really does fly by so quickly!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife Do you have any update on what is happening about under 16's chat?