Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the best thing for a mucus type infection ?

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys

So basically I've got this mucus thing where If it builds up it affects my breathing sort of and it causes me to cough up it if you guys have had it what's the best thing for it cause I've had it for the last two weeks and I don't want to have it when school starts up any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi I would recommend an enhailer, hay fever meds or a cough medication
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I'd try a cough medication but if you have it any longer may be worth going to speak to your GP or pharmacist and see what they recommend.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hey guys

So basically I've got this mucus thing where If it builds up it affects my breathing sort of and it causes me to cough up it if you guys have had it what's the best thing for it cause I've had it for the last two weeks and I don't want to have it when school starts up any ideas?

Hello,

I know I'm late but wanted to add on from @Dandelion and @Durhamjaide that those are good things to ease a Muscus infection, has it cleared up a bit? Drinking lots of fluids can help, having rest and taking things easy can clear things up, if things haven't improved I'd consult your gp as you might be given antibiotics,

Hope your okay!

Leila
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi Leila

Yes it has cleared up a little bit it's still there tho, unfortunately 🙄 hopefully it doesn't affect me to much at school tomorrow!

And I am ok thanks for asking 💯👍
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
    Cough syrup and ibuprofen, or ask boots
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lydialydialydlydialydialyd Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi! I think the best would be checking it out with the doctor.

If you have mucus from your nose as in yellow/ green phlegm, it’s likely a bacterial infection so you would prob need an antibiotic for that.
    If no mucus, but a dry cough with little phlegm, then it’s likely the flu virus. If so, antibiotics won’t work! So in this case, it’s better to have honey lemon throat soothers to cure the cold symptoms.

Get well soon😊