Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not Found Anything, I Feel Lost

MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
Hi sorry if this is a random question out of the blue, so far I haven't found any opportunities to be able to communicate with anyone as I don't find the interface of this website from a mobile device user friendly, I am curious to know if this website is a website to make friends or if this is just a platform for people to just give eachother advice? the reason I ask this question is because I came here because I wanted to find some friendships, but due to my experience so far with the interface of this platform I feel that this isn't the right website for me, was wondering if anyone here knows of any alternative websites or apps I could try to find some friends?
PMs are welcome.
Any advice would be deeply appreciated, cheers in advance.

Comments

• Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    edited April 2022
    Hi Mitchall,

Sorry to hear you've not found what you were looking for yet on The Mix. We're currently working to improve our website to make it more user friendly :)

Have you checked out our nightly group chats? We run a General Chat from 8 - 9:30pm which isn't support based, but instead just for people to meet others a similar age and make friends! You don't have to stay for the whole time, just pop in for a bit if you'd like!

We also have our "Anything Goes" forum here on the boards. This is less of a support space and more of a fun, light space to chat about hobbies or play a couple games - personal favourite is Connect Four

Other online communities you could try out are
    • Mind's Side By Side
    • Reddit - you can search for things you're interested in and find others with the same hobbies!
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
    Hi there I am really grateful for all your devoted time and efforts in engaging with my post and for all the advice you have offered.

I find the interface of this website hard to understand to navigate, I would be unsure how to access the General Chat and I am unsure what days of the week it hosts, is it possible if I could be provided the link that I can use which will take me straight to the room each time it is about to begin? to be involved do people go on video call or do they just message? the reason I ask is because I am very shy and nervous on video call and my mum never gives me any privacy whenever I go on video call or engage with phone calls? I am also really grateful to know that there's no limit on how long I decide to stay in the room until it ends.

Anything Goes sounds like an exciting forum for me to engage in too and was thinking of making posts about my hobbies and interests in there too, I am also grateful to know there is games involved and I also enjoy Connect Four too, I love all stuff to do with gaming, the only game I don't like that I have tried so far is D&D.

I already use Mind's Side By Side, I signed up to that website the same time as I signed up to here, not with the side of the rules experience but I have had the same experience here with not finding any hope in finding people who are also looking for friends, people on there have very little engaged with my posts and they never respond each time I respond to their comments on the posts they have engaged with, in total only 3 of my posts on there so far have received a response but no response was ever received from anyone when I responded to everyone, so i don't feel that website is the right place for me either, I did not find out about here and Mind's Side By Side by myself either, I was recommended about here and Mind's Side By Side by someone on an app called Nextdoor which is a app I was being bullied on for the way I look and for my intolerance of smoking.

As for Reddit I do not like that site at all, it was a booby trap for me there were no nice people on there at all, everyone on there bullied me for my looks and intolerance to smoking too, I did not encounter any nice people on there at all, all I encountered was people being horrible, trolling and hateful comments over my looks and masculinity, I would never recommend this site to be a safe or inclusive space at all and certainly would never even recommend it to my worst enemy either.

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey :)

Group chats run every day 8-9:30pm there’s a general chat as well as a support chat ! We’re on a chat break at the moment but they will start again on Monday 25th April

This is the link for the group chat software we use , it is just messaging and you can make an account or you can join as a guest
    https://client.chatwee.com/popout/599c194bbd616d8b43891808
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Mitchall ,

As Millie has kindly shared above, you can follow that direct link during the time of 8pm - 9:30pm every night from Monday 25th and it will bring you to our group chat space.
    If you click on the link outside of these times it will show you a blank screen.

This is accessible on mobile and probably more accessible at the moment than our discussion boards. The chats are all text based, no cameras or microphones so you don't have to worry about privacy!

Its great to hear you'd like to get invovled in our Anything Goes forum - the games are fun to play with others and make friends :)

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience else where but we're really looking forward to you being a part of our community Mitchall <3