Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting Logged Out

MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Sometimes when I come on here I have to log in, does it mean I have been reported and had my profile shown the boot off? or is it just a technical bug?
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Seems to be a bug, this just happened to me a few minutes ago. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong - the team would always PM you if you had.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
    edited April 2022
    [deleted]
    Post edited by JustV on
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hiya @Mitchall, just dropping in here to say you haven't been banned or 'shown the boot'. I'm not 100% sure how the login system works but I think it requires you to sign in every now and again just for security reasons. As @independent_ said, we'll always tell you if you've broken the guidelines or we've needed to ban you for any reason (which is extremely rare). :)

It's important that any discussion of - or complaints against - other community members happens via PM and not in a public thread, because it can start all kinds of drama. That's why some of your previous posts were deleted, and I removed your response to this thread for that reason too. We'll be happy to talk more about it via private message. I'm mindful we got in touch with you yesterday and we'll continue that conversation ASAP to answer any questions you have.

We can usually only respond to private messages once per day, but we may need to make moderation decisions (e.g. deleting a post) more quickly than that so there can be a slight delay with us informing you. Realise that's not ideal so thank you for bearing with us. :)

Also, even if someone did come to us with a complaint about you, that on its own wouldn't lead to your account being banned. These things are a process and 99% of the time we have multiple conversations with people long before we reach the point of banning them.

Rest assured though - you're not banned and we'll be happy to give you any additional context or answer any of these questions privately. I'll close this thread for now. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.