Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm stupid

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I can never learn how to learn anymore. I am stupid. It seems like I understood the concept yesterday and I no longer understand it today. I never really understood the concept. I don't understand myself. They are going to discover that I am stupid.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Hi there kate,

You are by no means stupid, please don't put yourself down. It takes some people longer than others to get the hang of a new concept or learning objectives in school.
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @AnneFrypan Thanks. I'm at uni. I studied all my way to enter this postgrad programme and to be at the end of it and suddenly all my studying skills failed to work. I am so worried about it because what if I was stupid just that nobody ever discovered that? How did I unintentionally deceive so many people and made them think that I was capable and suddenly one day things slipped?
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20
    I'm hearing just how overwhelming the uni work has been for you at the moment. I'm wondering if you've been able to have a break for a few days, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of burn out at the moment. It's perfectly normal and understandable to struggle to stay focused when you're putting so much time and effort into something that means a lot to you. I don't think you're stupid at all, I think you're just dealing with a lot of pressure and stress and it's maybe causing you to feel burnt out, which is often when we struggle to process the info and understand it, so please know that you're definitely not stupid, it's a normal response. Sending you lots of love, if you can, it may be helpful to maybe take some time away, a few hours or so even, and maybe even just sit next to an open window for a little while can be really helpful.<3