Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Disorientated

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I find it hard to connect the sections in my essay as I always forget about them. I cannot fix them. I feel like I am getting nowhere.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I understand that @Kate_20 I find when im writing an essay I write it in parts then it kind of sounds jumbled together what I like to do Is to read it in one go, which can be a bit tiring but I do think it helps to make sense of it as a whole. I also find it useful to have someone to read it to me, or if there's no one available if its on Microsoft word you can use the read aloud tool. I know how tough it is to write assignments but you've got this, I believe in you :heart:
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Dandelion Thanks. I used the screenreader. It just feels like my entire body is rejecting this degree. My brain stopped working when I was doing the work. It went into shut down when I was trying. I am hopeless.
  • Options
    What happened to me? I tried so hard to get in. It was exactly what I wanted. Now my body is rejecting it and once I open the document my brain or body is broken somewhere.
  • Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hey Kate_20, thank you for reaching out.

I can really feel your frustration through your words and I fully empathise with how difficult it must feel if your brain and your body seem to you to be working against each other. From what you say, I get a sense that you’re really determined to try hard at your essays. There are lots of different techniques out there that perhaps might help with that, depending on how you work best. For example, some people might find it easier to highlight or section the essay subjects in colours or numbers if they’re more of a visual learner, or for other people like @dandelion said, it can be helpful to read it out (which I do too), but there’s so many options out there for different learning styles too. If you’re interested, I’ve got a link to some information on different types of learners. Perhaps it might give you some ideas on how you’d find it easiest to connect essay sections, depending on the work style you align most with. I’ll pop it below. I can understand that it can feel disheartening when you’re trying so hard. You mention that you feel like your body is rejecting you. The pressures of degrees and essay writing can certainly be tough mentally and physically, so I am so pleased you felt able to reach out to us here at the Mix during this experience. We are always here to support you when things feel hard. <3

https://www.rasmussen.edu/student-experience/college-life/most-common-types-of-learners/