Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young Carers Action Day 2022

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
Happy Young carers action day my friends … it’s been awhile since I’ve spammed you with awareness for young carers sooo I’m back to do it again 🤣 This Years theme is around taking action on isolation which is something that has affected us all but particularly hard for us as young carers.

A recent survey from the Carers trust found that ;
> 53% of Young and Young adult carers said that there Amount of time per week week spent caring has increased in the last year
> 40% of Young and Young adult carers said they never or not very often did they have someone speak about young carers in school
> 52% Of young and young adult carers said they never or not often got support for balancing their care role and work from schools , colleges and University.

Carers trust have found that the lack of support coupled with the dramatic rise in poor mental health is leaving 1/3 young and young adult carers always or usually country feeling lonely , anxious or stressed.

I’m aware that this evening at 7pm The Mix have invited James who is a Young adult carer raising awareness for Young and Young adult carers through his social media. So do be sure to go and take a watch when he is live.

I’ll leave the infographics below inna spoiler in relation to the statistics from Carers Trust
u5bz6selr9i7.jpeg
y6j2nhq96tf5.jpeg
fv0kp1kd7dbn.jpeg
3ox6xk26a3lx.jpeg
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Thank you so much for sharing @Millie2787 <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤