Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is there a way to stop using languages for a day?

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
Is there a way to stop using languages for a day? I don't want to think in languages. I don't want to talk to people. I don't want to read or write. Is there a way to take a break from languages? It is stressful to think in languages. By saying languages, I mean all forms of human language.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    You've taken a brave step reaching out @Kate_20 <3

I'm hearing using languages is feeling overwhelming at the moment and this sounds really tough to be experiencing, is that right? Can you tell us more about how you're feeling? Are there any situations that you're finding more overwhelming than others?

It sounds like an activity not involving languages could help give you a bit of break. There are a few mindfulness activities you might find helpful such as colouring, listening to instrumental music, puzzles or yoga. These can be quite nice activities not involving words or reading. Do you feel any of these activities might help you?

I found a list of a few more mindfulness activities you may want to look into on Mind's website - https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/mindfulness/mindfulness-exercises-tips/

Keep us updated with how you're feeling <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤