Homeβ€Ί Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Transphobia And Domestic Abuse

MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
So other than my mum turning transphobic against trans men and prejudice against women who are lesbian πŸ˜πŸ˜’ she also has the snake of a tongue to slander me also beyond deep by saying she can't go to bed at night and accuses me of being the type of person that will use a knife and stab her in her sleep 😲 like wow 😲, how the bobbing hell would I have it in me to even be capable of violence/assault πŸ˜•πŸ€¨πŸ˜₯πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ I am intrigued to know how 😲 I won't even go anywhere near a wasp let alone carry a knife πŸ™„ and im suddenly now being accused of being capable to pull pyschopathic stunts wow πŸ˜²πŸ˜•πŸ˜³πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ, this is definitely some powerful blatant hint if you want to get your message across loud and clear enough straight upfront if you really hate and despise someone that bad 😳, well she's made her point clear enough to give me the cold shoulder, she hasn't shown me the boot no 🀨 I am the one who has made the decision to part ways, before I get accused of any more nonsense and where it gets to the point that she could potentially turn violent on me like she did when I was 16 πŸ˜’ I have zero energy left to deal with anymore slander and vile accusations for nothing πŸ˜‘ my mental health is already in blatant hot water as it is 😑😩, I have found a charity that will be able to support me with having somewhere else to stay, but i just need to get a social worker first and for them to refer me to the charity, because on the charity's website it says they require a referral before they can offer any support and I don't have a social worker and not sure how to get one.

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Mitchall I’m so sorry to hear how your mum is treating you at the moment - sounds really horrendous to live with and exhausting. It sounds like a good plan to find somewhere else to stay instead of staying in such a toxic environment. I found this article which might help with getting a social worker https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/health-and-social-care-rights/about-social-care/

Let us know how you get on?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    MitchallMitchall Posts: 38 Boards Initiate
    Sadly she has always treated me like this, I am really grateful for all your time in trying to offer me advice, I have read through the article, I don't understand it though and I am no good with applications and usually to get a social worker you have to be referred by a doctor? but I have never found doctors that supportive.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    That sounds really tough @Mitchall. Do you have other people in your life that accept and support you more than she does?

Can I ask, because you said you had already been in touch with a charity, if they have been able to help direct with getting a social worker if that’s what they think you need?

My interpretation of the article above is that you would need a referral from GP or your local council too https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council and the eligibility criteria is here https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/health-and-social-care-rights/eligibility-for-social-care/

I’m hoping the charity might be able to help as they had advised you to try and get a social worker, might be best to start by asking them and then exploring anything you need to do yourself. We’re here to support πŸ’œ
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    QueenAlizaQueenAliza Posts: 10 Settling in
    I am truly hurt and sorry to hear you being treated like this by your own mother @Mitchall . I had a friend back in middle school who had an uncle who was a trans women. The church literally shamed her out it was a traumatic experience for me to watch that at a young age and even made me question God. I hope you are doing well right now darling