Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another family issue

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 193 Trailblazer
Hello all.

My mum, dad and brother noticed me upset when I came downstairs. I was hesitant about telling them because in my childhood, my dad would usually shout at me when I shared my emotions, which has seriously affected me. They were coming up with reasons why I was upset and asking if they were why I was upset. My dad was saying if I do not want to tell him, then he cannot help me. So, I finally shared with them I was upset about my dad getting mardy because I changed my mind about a food portion. My dad was saying it is not a crime to change my mind when he was angry when I did. This is not the first time he has done this kind of thing. I was annoyed when he was talking calmly, like he done nothing. He was sat on the sofa, making a judgemental face. My brother was saying he is scared for me in the future, and my future partner would leave me in a relationship, if I let small things bother me and other stuff. He made me feel I am going to be a problem for others with my sensitivity when it is just something I struggle with. So, I just ended up feeling worse. I was saying to him that he has moaned in the past when I have given him an answer he did not want, and when I have changed my mind in different situations. He just played the victim, saying it was the past, when past situations can affect your future. Why does he get say that? He treated me horribly in the past and gotten away with it, which has affected me. My brother was saying that it is fake that an autistic person is in a relationship with a neurotypical person in the programme The Good Doctor, and my dad was sat there agreeing. He also has said hurtful comments in the past about my autism. These kinds of issues have just gotten brushed under the carpet like they are not a problem. I have went to the GP surgery about the situation with my dad before, but it was not taking seriously.

I was signposted to a service by a member in the forum, but it does not seem to be local. I am based in Nottingham.

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Creativeboy23

First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. Your feelings are completely valid, and you deserve to feel what you need to feel without being judged or dismissed. It sounds like you're dealing with an awful lot on your own, I know you mentioned that you've been to your GP about this, is there anyway that you can change GP's and see another one? It's important that you get the help you deserve, and you're entitled to a GP that takes your feelings and thoughts seriously and gets you further support if that's something you're looking for.
  • Options
    Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Hello @Brookee.

I agree. I am not sure. I will have to check that out.