Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is This Abuse?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lynn Stuckey, a 32-year-old single mother, continues to breastfeed her 8-year-old son, Kyle.

She used to nurse him nightly when the then 5-year-old reportedly told his baby-sitter that he wanted to stop but "Mommy wouldn't let me.” The babysitter called the authorities and Kyle was taken away for a little over six months. The State tried to charge Stuckey on child molestation, but a judge didn’t agree with the charge and let him return home.

Stuckey says that Kyle has never indicated that wanted to stop and she continues to occasionally breastfeed him, although she isn’t sure if she is producing any milk.

She says she will continue to nurse him until he is ready to stop.

Is she abusing her child or is she just a caring parent?

More on the story...

Comments

• Options
    Child abuse? Not sure coz i'm pissed but it's diving head first into the weird and twisted:eek:
  • Options
    LMFAO ! I don't even want to try and get my head around that, only in America.
  • Options
    Pictures, we must have pictures!:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Pictures, we must have pictures!:D

Eeeeewww! You want to see pictures of an 8-year old sucking on a woman's breast? Just how sick are you?

Obviously not a sick as she is, I'll grant you, but jeez Diesel...even in jest, that was a little strong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    LMFAO ! I don't even want to try and get my head around that, only in America.

There was a documentary a few years ago, and in it was a woman who was breast feeding her son at age 9/10. This was in Britain.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

There was a documentary a few years ago, and in it was a woman who was breast feeding her son at age 9/10. This was in Britain.

*stands corrected* :(
  • Options
    what a world we live in:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Eeeeewww! You want to see pictures of an 8-year old sucking on a woman's breast? Just how sick are you?

Are you suggesting that as a "middleaged dirtbag" you have not sampled breast milk as an adult? It is OK for infants, then OK for a different reason for adults? :p

*not expressing a personal preference, but enjoying poking with the sharpened stick*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN
    Are you suggesting that as a "middleaged dirtbag" you have not sampled breast milk as an adult? It is OK for infants, then OK for a different reason for adults? :p

It was pictures Diesel wanted, not his turn...

Now I am more than happy to look at pictures or semi naked women etc but not when they have an 8-year-old clamped to their tit :eek:
  • Options
    I think 8 years old is too old really, especially since he said he wanted to stop and is embarrased about it. I havent got a problem with extended breastfeeding per se, but I think the issue here is that it seems obvious its more for the mothers benefit of still feeling like she has her baby. I know people who have breastfed toddlers which is shocking enough for a lot of people and not something id fancy even though there are still health benefits even at that age. I definitely think this little boy should be allowed to be weaned, although i dont think removal from the mother is the right way to go about it.