Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

?????Crazy Laws?????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As we all know we got tons of really weird laws, either because they're really old and not been sorted out or because they're just..............weird:) Here's two to get you going, anyone know anymore?

If a welshman is found in Chester after midnight and before dawn he/she can be beheaded on the steps of the town hall.

In, i think, Alabama it's a most heinous crime to tether you're GIRAFFE to a lamp post:D

And there was another one from the US about it being illegal to push a dog like a wheelbarrow:)

Comments

• Options
    *London taxis must carry a bale of hay (for the horses)

*The severest Penaltys will be suffered by any commoner who doth permit his animal to have carnal knowledge of a pet of the Royal House (enacted by George I)

*Chelsea Pensioners may not be impersonated

*It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle

*All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.
  • Options
    lol ill remember that urinating 1 and pretend i hav a car so i dont get aressted. And im not gona be hanging around chester after minight now:D
  • Options
    Re: ?????Crazy Laws?????
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    As we all know we got tons of really weird laws, either because they're really old and not been sorted out or because they're just..............weird:)

Some drug laws.
  • Options
    There is a website somewhere with a list of most weird laws around... I wish I could remember the address. I recall a few other laws though. There is a town somewhere in northern England where it is legal to shoot a Scotsman with an arrow (but only on a Sunday). Apparently we are required to give a glass of water to anyone who knocks on our front door and asks for one. And (my favourite) if a lady is in urgent need of a piss on the street she may use a policeman's hat for the task. Don't know if the last one is true though...
  • Options
    Woohoo! One of my favourite topics! Always good for a laugh.

Aladdin, you may be thinking of http://www.dumblaws.com. There are some great gems there! In Canada, you can still get up to 14 years in prison for "alarming the Queen". It's also illegal to drag a dead horse down Yonge Street in Toronto, but only on a Sunday. It's legal any other day of the week. :D And in Calgary, I think, you have to give someone a gun when you release them from prison. LOL. :p
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, excellent site! Will have a good look tomorrow at work. :D
  • Options
    Its illegal to fry bacon on marlow high street.

Also you can ask a policeman for his helmet to urinate in (in london) if you're a pregnant woman.

just my little contribution