Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do I have feelings for them

Basically I have this really close friend and I'm not really sure if I have feelings for them. Because when our other friends say we would make a great couple I protest because she does but I dont actually mind it. I was unexplainablely happy when they came out and loads of my friends say we act like we have feelings for each other. I'm really protective of her as well and have offered to be her fake girlfriend to prove her mum wrong about something. I'm not really sure if I like her and I'm just pushing my feelings down because I dont want anything to change. Sorry if this breaks any guidelines

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @villanelle Hi! This seems like it's a very difficult situation for you to navigate right now. It's okay to be confused, your feelings are completely valid. Do you feel safe and comfortable enough around them to approach this subject with them? It's okay if you're not, I understand this can be very anxiety provoking and stressful situation to put yourself in.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    This sounds like a really difficult situation to be in @villanelle and I just want to say it's very brave of you for putting your feelings into words and talking about what you're going through here. :) It's always really confusing when you realise you might have feelings for someone you're friends with, like you mentioned there's always the fear that things will change or your friend might not feel the same way.

In my experience it's always been best to open up and be honest with people, even if it's scary or it changes things getting those things off your chest can be a huge relief. You might find that talking through these things helps you figure out how you're feeling and might even help your friend in the same way!

But at the end of the day it's your life and your decision one way or the other, I hope you feel able to keep us all updated with how things go for you from here. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.