Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is it only happening to me?

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
Just discovered that I missed the deadline of returning books to the library and have to face a fine. I am like living in a dream these days and I don't remember things. I also happened to be not setting any notice on my phone or computer about this deadline because of lacking motivation and energy. Is this kind of thing only happening to me?
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Kate_20 Hi!

I'm really sorry that you're feeling so disconnected right now. This must be quite uncomfortable and disorientating for you. This can be quite common when dealing with mental health difficulties. I'm just wondering how you're feeling in general, this may be contributing to this disconnect.

I hope you're okay.
  • robyn2918robyn2918 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Kate!
    I completely agree with Brooke, when you’ve got other things going on in life it can be so easy to forget deadlines etc as we’ve just got other things happening! Make sure you’re taking care of yourself, I find writing worries and deadlines down helps me clear my head and feel calmer, as well as taking time to do the things you enjoy! I hope you’re feeling more positive and on top of things soon, remember that you’re absolutely not alone and I’m sure many others can relate! :)
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I think it is important to remember that your work is only as good as your mental health. It is understandable to feel stressed due to deadlines and your workload but please do take care of yourself. Sleep enough, eat enough, drink water and your work will follow. Try to relax by taking some time off perhaps and remember that this is a common experience. Sometimes it helps to know if other people are going through or have gone through the same thing and I assure you, you are not alone in this.