Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mindset

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
is it easy to change it
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 It will vary from person to person. It is possible to change how we think and approach situations. This does take time and may require a long-term approach. Mindsets may be the result of beliefs about ourselves that we have had for years which we can’t expect to change overnight. Reverting to previous unhelpful thinking patterns may happen along the way but with perseverance change is possible.

Some general tips to help with your mindset:
    • Speaking kindly to yourself and not being angry at yourself or blaming yourself. If you wouldn't say something to a friend, why say it to yourself?
    • Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones.
    • Saying positive affirmations.
    • Practising gratitude.
    • Immersing yourself in activities you enjoy.
    • Spending time with people who have the mindset you want.
    • Recognising situations can change and improve.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    replacing thoughts idk how, wats grattitude
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 Gratitude is when you are thankful for all the good things in life.
  • Options
    RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Nope difficult to change ur mindset in my opinion as I think some of it is inherited and the rest depends on ur friendship
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000,

I'd love to echo what @Stellaluna has said - sums it up nicely :heart:

Change is absolutely possible. Are you looking to change your mindset Ellie?

Gratitude is a simple tool that can make a big difference. As stellaluna says, gratitude is thinking about the things we are thankful for. So, when you wake up or before you go to sleep, just taking some time to think about what you are thankful for that day. This can be a small thing. I love the sunshine, so I am grateful for sunny days. Practicing gratitude has been shown to have lots of benefits for our mindset & overall well-being, so this could be a place to start :heart:
  • Options
    yes
    Crazy mad insane