Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I feel so lightheaded that I cannot focus

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I am really scared. I feel so lightheaded that I cannot focus. I need to write this essay but my brain stopped working. I cannot balance taking care of myself and studying. There is no point in eating and drinking anyways. If I do cook I would have no time to sleep. I am scared of going into the kitchen. I am also scared of the crisis team. I am running out of time I cannot end up in hospital or somewhere. I need an end.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Hiya @Kate_20
    I'm so sorry you are feeling this way, it sounds incredibly tough. What I want to say is that looking after yourself is so important and will help you to study better. There is every reason to take the time to eat and drink because it's essential for your body to function properly. Your brain needs food and drink to work most effectively. You said that your brain has stopped working but if you take the time to drink and cook you might find that your brain works a lot better and study might not take as long. Sleep is also really important for our brain and body to function. I know that writing your essay might feel like the most important thing in the world but at the end of the day your health matters more.<3 Make time to drink, eat and sleep and then fit study in the gaps you have left. If you are struggling with your essay, I would recommend reaching out to your tutor or the wellbeing service to get some help with this. Please make sure you look after yourself, I know its hard but getting the basic eat, drink, sleep routine right is so important and only then will you be at your best and able to study to your full potential.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are scared of the crisis team, but remember there is always some one available including at the Mix, SHOUT or the Samaritans, so if you don't feel comfortable with a certain crisis team there is always somebody else you can reach out to when you are feeling low.
    Sending hugs your way <3
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Kat wrote: »
    Hiya @Kate_20
    I'm so sorry you are feeling this way, it sounds incredibly tough. What I want to say is that looking after yourself is so important and will help you to study better. There is every reason to take the time to eat and drink because it's essential for your body to function properly. Your brain needs food and drink to work most effectively. You said that your brain has stopped working but if you take the time to drink and cook you might find that your brain works a lot better and study might not take as long. Sleep is also really important for our brain and body to function. I know that writing your essay might feel like the most important thing in the world but at the end of the day your health matters more.<3 Make time to drink, eat and sleep and then fit study in the gaps you have left. If you are struggling with your essay, I would recommend reaching out to your tutor or the wellbeing service to get some help with this. Please make sure you look after yourself, I know its hard but getting the basic eat, drink, sleep routine right is so important and only then will you be at your best and able to study to your full potential.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are scared of the crisis team, but remember there is always some one available including at the Mix, SHOUT or the Samaritans, so if you don't feel comfortable with a certain crisis team there is always somebody else you can reach out to when you are feeling low.
    Sending hugs your way <3

@Kat Thanks but there isn't help available. It's been used up. I am so sorry :(
  • emilypigemilypig Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hi @Kate_20 , just thought I would see how you have been getting on since you posted this? Always here <3
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    emilypig wrote: »
    Hi @Kate_20 , just thought I would see how you have been getting on since you posted this? Always here <3

@emilypig Things are getting better and I am still alive