Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wat do u think, wat is the point on lebelling

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
wot is age, should it define who we are, should we act differently or r we the same as we were
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    edited September 2021
    I think age is important - it's needed for records, life expectancy etc info on certain diseases, what age group they're most common in and expected death after diagnosis etc.

It's also needed for schooling, keeping people on track and grouped together as people are more likely to learn better when grouped in the same age.

Also needed for sports as developmentally ages are all different. People need to compete in age groups not just for safety but also developmental differences.

It's also important to protect minors. If we didn't have ages then what's to say someone who's much older could groom/abuse etc people much much younger? There'd be no laws in place as age wouldn't matter.

Age is so important. Other things like gender/pronouns etc aren't as important in terms of keeping people safe but age is just a straight fact that is needed.

I feel a lot younger than I am but that doesn't take away from the fact that I was born when I was born and I am the age I am. I only feel younger because of the abuse I faced.

I don't think it should necessarily define who we are but I do believe people should act appropriately for their age. People can have fun and mess about but you can't be a 40-50 year old parent who acts like a 5 year old. It just doesn't work and is borderline neglectful/abusive.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
    Bc I got abused I wna go back a take different, if we could would we avoid the situations
    Crazy mad insane