Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whats wrong with me???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been feeling really low and down lately. Im always on the verge of crying and things get me stressed so easily. The slightest thing can make me angry or make me break down. its really making me feel worse. Ive been through alot of shit lately with relationships and what not. I self harm alot aswell because of it all. It is strange. I was wondering what could be wrong. I have trouble sleeping and whenevr i do i wake up shortly afterwards. what can be wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Luv Tek-ila

Comments

• Options
    Just sounds like u have depression to me. You should go to the doctors and see if he can help u. Depression is an illness.
  • Options
    I'll second MattBomb. It sounds roughly like how I was at the beginning of my depression. I didn't go to a doctor.... it got a lot worse. I suggest you make an appointment and tell him exactly what you told us.
  • Options
    Hi, I can really relate to what u wrote because ive been having the same feelings recently as you. Last tuesday I just broke down and couldnt do anything at all and just couldnt stop crying and I relaised something had to be done. In my opinion, you are not depressed, although it may seem like that, just really down. I dont know if you are like me but I bottled all my feelings up without telling anybody and thats why things got so bad. Try talking to someone that you really trust, and talking from experience compared to how I felt a week ago before talking to someone, and now after getting everything out, I feel so much happier it's unbelievable!!!
    HTH and pm is you want to ask anything at all
    Jen
    xxx
  • Options
    We can not give you a diagnosis over the internet, and it would be both foolish and dangerous to do so.

The best thing to do is make an appointment to see your GP and talk it through with them. Diagnosis can only be made by a qualified professional.

We also have a couple of factsheets you might like to look at:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/health/depression/the_signs_of_depression.html
    http://www.thesite.org/info/health/other_mental_health/self_harm.html
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOO!!!

But i want to make a diagnosis!! i want to be a doctor!!

hrmpf its just not fair!!!!!! :(

;):D
  • Options
    I don't think you are suffering from depression. I think that you're just 'down in the dumps'. This isn't to make light of your feelings, because I have had them before too, I think most of us have and they suck big time.

I think perhaps instead of going to the doctor you should see a counsellor (maybe at your local health centre or your university, if you go) about your self harming.
  • Options
    I already am seeing a councellor about my self harming she isn't helping me at all. i still feel as low as ever. i think it is more than just plain down in the dumps.

If i go to a doctor it will be kept confidential from my parents won't it. cause my friend has offered to come with me and find out whats up with me. i will tell my parents afterwards if there is anything wrong. i don't want to worry them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tek-ila

If i go to a doctor it will be kept confidential from my parents won't it. cause my friend has offered to come with me and find out whats up with me. i will tell my parents afterwards if there is anything wrong. i don't want to worry them.

Yes it will be confidential :) Tek - I don't know what your relationship with your parents is like, but believe me, don't protect them just because you don't want to worry them.

I used to protect everyone - My mum, my friends, my boyfriend, etc and what I found was that I was protecting them because I was trying to protect their feelings but in the end, because they thought everything was ok, I had no one to protect me which left me feeling alone. It moves in a vicious circle.

I hope everything goes well for you if you decide to go to the docs. :)
  • Options
    i have a hsitty relationship with my parents. They will be worried sick. We don't get on. My dad will blame it on myself and shout at me. I don't want them to find out anything unless they really have to.