Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paralympics 2020 !

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
So the Paralympics have started and I thought we could have a place to discuss the different races etc. It’s currently being shown on channel 4 for the next 11 days I think it is .

This morning we’ve already got a Gold and silver in cycling and we have just got bronze in the swimming !

aj5x2yr8szyj.png
[ Image description - The Paralympic logo which consists off 3 curved swishes in red blue and green]

If your interested in reading about what each of the different categories mean for each event - the link is in the spoiler below
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I’m watching, and will be as much as I can. I’m especially interested in the swimming.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Up to six golds now. Maisie summers Newton and Tully Kearney got gold in the swimming today. Can’t wait for the wheelchair racing to start that’s my favourite
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2021
    The whole team really are doing amazing in the swimming this year , so many world records broken already !

We’re currently on 9 golds , 10 silver and 9 bronze !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.