Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Losing my self /stress

ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
I don’t know if this is weird or not
but since summer started and before that I’ve like created a different world in my head I’ve created a different person with a dif name that I call myself inthese made up scenarios.
I hate my life right now I’ve not done anything productive for months everyday Is the same. As soon as I wake up I’m this other girl I made up in my imagination she’s prettier and has “friends” she has a “boyfriend”( yes I know it probably weird I made up a bf ) and she has her life sorted out .

But I like it because I’m happy in the world but then I’ll have moments where I’m like it’s not real and I’ll just cry

I’m going to college in like a week and don’t know how to get back in normal mindset it because it’s literally every single day I’m in this fake world until I go to sleep and then reapeat

I don’t know what to do I’m stressing over college don’t think it’s the course I even want to do

Comments

• SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 817 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @ems16 sending lots of hugs <3

This is something I really relate to do and something I’ve certainly found myself doing. I didn’t have a different version of myself but a whole other world I loved to escape into. For me I found writing it all down really helpful. That way I was getting everything out of my head but it was also a way to unwind.

I’m no expert but there is a thing called maladaptive day dreaming, that’s a lot like what you’re describing. And I promise you you’re certainly not alone, it’s not weird at all.

As for college do you think you could maybe speak to the college about switching to a different course?

I’m sorry I don’t have any advice, but im always happy to listen if you ever need anything <3
    You're awesome!