Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

accidently sent this in a single partic, anyway this is it

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
edited June 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
how long does it take for mind to get back to u? I was wanting help so much tht I contacted the last Therapist I had I'm on the isle of Wight at the moment. How do I stop triggers affecting me? I'm scared tht I'll crash and struggle wen I go back home and I live everyday with time ticking. Did I do the right thing by contacting my last Therapist? she was really good.

mod edit: removed triggering content
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

Sounds like things are tough right now - sending hugs your way. May I ask, do you feel safe? :heart:

I'm not too sure how long it takes for mind to get back - have you heard from them yet?

You absolutely did the right thing by contacting your therapist. You deserve to feel safe and supported, always :heart:

The fact you've contacted mind and your therapist is good. If you do struggle when you go back home, they can help. We can too - we are always here for you Ellie.

If you needed more immediate help, do remember The Mix has the crisis messenger . There is always someone to listen. Take good care :heart:

• Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been going through a difficult time recently. Am here for you and sending lots of big virtual hugs your way.

I'm not sure how long it takes for MIND to contact people back, however I would say that I typically wait about a week for people to email/message me back. Then, if a week has passed and they haven't emailed/messaged me back I normally then send a follow up email/message repeating and/or reflecting on what I wrote in the last email/message. So, you could possibly do this if you haven't heard back from them in a while.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of triggers affect you? I find that different triggers can be solved through different solutions - so the solution or answer on how to stop a trigger affecting you will quite often be different for the trigger affecting you. Depending on the trigger that affects you, I may be able to give you some advice or ideas on how I stop that certain trigger affecting me too.

Contacting Samaritans is a really good ideas as it is a free, confidential and anonymous service to use so the Samaritan won't tell anyone that you called them (unless you're in danger due to their safety policy, as they would want to keep you safe of course). Also, if you would rather not tell them any personal information including your name, then you really don't have too. So, if you contacted Samaritans - only you and the person that you spoke to at the other end of the phone that day would know that you called them up.

Also, contacting your therapist was really good too!! As she will be able to direct you to different resources or counselling/therapy services that will really help you, or she may be able to directly help you again.

Well done, you should be so proud of yourself for making these amazing steps towards you gaining help for how you are feeling right now. I know that I definitely am.

And as always, The Mix is here for you to talk through anything that you need too.

Wishing all the best for you. Sending lots of big virtual hugs your way

• Options
    stuff tht triggers me r: walking passed places things happenened, seeing the ppl who had r_p_d me getting on with their lives
    i was doing the badges at the BHF and wen i saw one of my abusers who i was in a proffessional relationship with, i left the shop and quit without chatting first and i enjoyed the BHF.
    it was a whole organisation who were abusers, no-one listened, i thought about going to going to the police, but the police got to me first bc a carer showed me dodgy websites. Fml. the head carer kept coming to my door saying 'wat the hell are you playing at!!!' everywhere i went ppl took the biscuit. i still think ppl hav got me tangled in their web to this day now everything has ended, coz some of it i had no notification
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Ellie I am so sorry you are struggling so much right now, sending you love and hugs 💜

I was wondering whether you have ever used Shout, whether they might help you to keep yourself safe when you are feeling like this? They are a text service, I have used them before and they are pretty good at replying quickly. Details here in case it’s helpful https://giveusashout.org/
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    i emailed nat from mind nd i didnt get a useful answer, if u email the info@ wat do u say, asking bout referals. is there a time limit on shout.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    r we born to hav really bad things happen to us :'(
    Crazy mad insane