Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thing's at the moment..

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello,

I haven't posted in quite a while, I feel like I bother people. Things have changed a lot, I'm in mental health supported housing, I have a CPN, was with eating disorder team but got discharged as i was finding it too difficult but even typing here now, I feel like I dont belong, I dont seem to belong anywhere I know I cant go into ED stuff here, I dont really know who to speak to, feel like a burden to people.

Comments

• naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hey @Kai I am sorry that you feel this way. I think a great thing about the Mix is that there is always someone who is willing to lend a listening ear, so please don't feel that you are a burden because we are all here to listen. <3
    I hope that in you mental health supported housing you have someone to talk to, someone you are comfortable talking to who knows you well. Talking with that person may help as they'll be with you and want to help you particularly if it's a professional as they can help you professionally
    If you need to talk then I am here if you need me. <3 Sending you love and hugs.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hello @naomi thanks for replying. No im worried about people being called that's all. I do have a good support worker at my supported housing, she does listen well, I just feel I am a nuisance to the staff, my anxiety hasn't been great lately to be honest. My support worker is coming to my psych appointment with me. I just dont know what to do atm. Thank you I appreciate it
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Heyyyy @Allie , please know that you are not bothering anyone on the Mix. We all care for each other because that's how we would want to be treated <3

Sounds like wanting to feel part of a community or sense of belonging is causing tension. I'm not sure whether this might be something you relate to, but there's a Mix article on healthy eating that might be interesting. Otherwise, are there any hobbies or activities that you enjoy doing that might enable you to find a sense of community?

I understand it's nearly been a week since your latest psych appointment, would you like to talk about it?
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi Allie

I just want to let to know that you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings and that i am here to help support you.

If there is anything that I can tell you, it would be this - you definitely do belong somewhere and please don't give up hope on that idea as you're people may just be around the corner waiting for you. I know that mine definitely were.

The Mix is definitely a safe space for you to speak your thoughts aloud freely. Or, if you would rather use a different service where you could speak your thoughts aloud freely and you would be listened to with great empathy and kindness, no matter what you were going through and no matter the time, maybe you could call Samaritans?

I have attached a link to their website: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/talk-us-phone/

Hope this helps

Wishing you all the best, am here if you ever feel like you would just want to have a chit chat with someone who cares.