Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rant (TW: suicide, overdosing)

m3gan04m3gan04 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
edited June 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
TW: suicide, overdosing
My brothers a year younger than me and currently sectioned in hospital following an ecstasy overdose. A couple found him begging for help as he was throwing up and telling them his last words. He was terrified - started wanting to die but quickly becoming too scared and regretting it. He’s lucky to still be alive.

mod edit: trigger warning and spoiler added
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @m3gan04 I'm so sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through at the moment. How are you handling it? We are all here to here to support you through this and hear you rant whenever you need it. I hope you are making sure to be looking after yourself and that things look up for you and you brother soon.

Sending hugs xxx
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    What @ForestWitch said. I can't imagine how you must be feeling @m3gan04, to know your brother was in that position and potentially may not have come back from it. Vent as much as you need to - we're all here to listen and help however we can. How are you feeling?

Also just a heads up that I moved your post to Health & Wellbeing. Anything Goes is usually for fun or off-topic stuff rather than supportive or mental health discussions. I also edited a trigger warning into your post and added a spoiler, just to be on the safe side. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @m3gan04,

Just wanted to check in on how you are doing today?

This sounds incredibly tough, sending so much love your way :heart: I hope that your brother is getting the support he truly deserves, and I want you to know that we are here for you :heart: If you need to talk, vent, or just be distracted, we are right here x