Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acne

Past UserPast User Recovering🥀LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @zaynab_5 Hey Zaynab acne is very annoying and I know that because I have it myself what I use to help my acne is called a blemish wash in the morning to help clear blackheads and after that I put deep cleansing lotion on and then cream after I will show you the pictures. Hopefully that will help you if you get in the routine
    rg8qxxm8dsj4.png
    62r1lnm5y0cv.png
    un56pghv5421.png
    @zaynab_5 I hope they help you ❤️
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    @zaynab_5 No problem you use the blemish wash in the mornings and then after a few minutes you put the deep cleansing one on and then wait and then put the exfoliating one on ❤️
    @zaynab_5 I would say about 2 minutes to give time for the other product to soke into your skin
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Heyo!
    I would recommend doing your own research about different things your skin needs because everyone has different skin types and needs different things to help them!
    Here's a link to a good beginners guide to skincare:
    https://www.allure.com/story/beginner-skin-care-routine

Furthermore it's important not to be to harsh with your face as it can just damage your skin so using too much exfoliants and harsh ingredients isn't a good idea. You really have to pay attention to the ingredients in especially drugstore products. Especially since these harsh ingredients may give the appearance of instant results but that is not maintainable. A good brand of skincare i would recommend is the ordinary. They have great cheap and effective products which focus on the ingredients being effective in them rather than fancy branding.

The ordinary also has a regime builder:
    https://theordinary.deciem.com/gb/regimen-builder.html

And there is somewhere on their website where you can send a photo of your skin and they will recommend products they think will work for you!

I hope this helps :)
    edited June 2021
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Hey,

I had acne from when I was 10 or 11 too, and I had most of the creams and stuff that you did. Like you, they helped for a while then the spots inevitably came back.

I found the thing that eventually helped it to go (and stay gone) was the contraceptive pill. It’s not for everyone, but it helps many young women with acne because for a lot of us it’s very linked to hormones. I tried antibiotic tablets too which helped so they might be worth asking your GP about too - now you’re older they might be willing to prescribe more things. I found that when I went on the pill the acne didn’t get worse around the time of my period, which it always did before. I’m 18 now and I get the odd spot around that time of the month now but nothing like they were before.

I found my acne used to get worse when I was stressed too, so finding ways to cope with stress can also help. Taking care of yourself and using coping mechanisms to help yourself to relax.

Also making sure all your makeup is off before you go to bed, and wearing makeup less often and making sure the brushes etc that you use to put your makeup on are clean.

I hope this helps, acne is awful and I really understand that <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    @zaynab_5 Honestly i don't know as everyone's skin if different and will react differently. With my own personal experience I've stuck to the same regime for the last year or so because it works for me. However, you may need to tweak things here and there and overtime change your products to further improve your skin. I would hope that the regime would help you in the long term, i do know that the ordinary's results are much more long term rather than instant.
    I guess the overall message is i really can't guarantee anything. I hope this helps!
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    theres a cream called 'Duac' tht u go to the doc for :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • robyn2918robyn2918 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi!
    I struggled with my skin from about 12-15 and I understand just how horrible it can be! I tried lymecycline- an antibiotic, and differin and zineryt or something like that! The only thing that worked for me was the contraceptive pill- now this is obviously completely up to you as it’s your body and your choice! My acne was hormonal which sounds similar to what you’re finding, products didn’t help me at all really as they were just a temporary fix! I’ve now been taking my pill for almost 2 years and rarely break out and it’s helped me so so much! One thing to really consider is the side effects, it acts completely different in every individual and there are so many factors that can play a part in it- and I’m definitely not telling you that’s what you should do, it’s just what helped me!
    Hope this helps someone in some way, remember to research, speak to professionals and that it’s your body and your choice! :)
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    mb its rosacea? thts different
    Crazy mad insane
  • robyn2918robyn2918 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    @zaynab_5 hi! I went on it at 14/15 i think, there isn’t an age restriction as such, but i think doctors usually like to wait until you’ve started your period as it’s all to do with hormone production and things like that! definitely something to speak to a gp about but from what I can remember there’s no age restriction :)