Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my therapy keeps getting cancelled (vent)

loloislazyloloislazy Posts: 14 Settling in
i’m meant to get cbt once a week and for the past two weeks it’s either been cancelled or i’ve heard nothing from anyone about changes to appointment times. i’m so annoyed, it seems like no one cares about mental health. they wouldn’t cancel chemo or physical therapy so why would they cancel mental health therapy?? i need it more than anything else right now. i’m struggling with my mental health to the point where i’ve started to make plans for the rest of my life (because i feel it might not last long) and saying goodbye to my loved ones. i need help. but no one’s gonna give it to me because i don’t have coronavirus. i wish i had a physical illness so people would actually care about me. i have autism, anxiety, ocd and possibly bipolar and ptsd. i need help! but no one wants to give it to me because i don’t have covid, therefore it’s nothing to worry about!
ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 ꨄ
ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 ꨄ
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @loloislazy
    It's understandably very frustrating when your therapy is cancelled, especially when you're struggling. I'm wondering if you've been able to reschedule the appointments that you've missed? We are all here to support you even if it is just to vent, sometimes it can help to just express how you're feeling about the situation.

Your mental health is just as important as physical health and you deserve to get the help that you need.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @loloislazy,

I'm really sorry to hear that this is happening. You're so right - they need to treat mental health support in the same way that they treat physical health, it is just as important!

May I ask whether you feel safe at the moment? :heart:

I'm wondering whether there is anybody else that you could try to reach out to if your current services aren't on form. Mental health charities often provide support, or community mental health teams, local organisations etc. Alternatively, is there anybody you can contact to discuss what is happening with your appointments to see if they can help? You really do deserve to feel safe and supported, always :heart: