Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think I'm starting to generally go Insane

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys it's been a while

I'm really scared at the minute because I think I'm starting to go Insane because I haven't gone out anyway since this new lockdown and sure I was fine with the first but I really don't know why this time I'm starting to go Insane maybe it's because I'm not seeing my friends and I have been distancing myself because I haven't been in any good mood I haven't really talked to my girlfriend either and I think it's starting to affect the relationship because she asked yesterday does it feel like we're together it does and it doesn't because we haven't really shown it and I told her that myself and I haven't asked if we could show it just a little more cause I was scared of what she would say she understands at least but still I'm really scared of losing her even though I probably need her a lot more then she needs me if I'm going to be real here 

I also snapped at my friend because I told her I haven't  spoken to anyone because of how I am at the minute I haven't told anyone I feel Like I'm going mentally insane because of everything that's been happening I know you'll all say I should probably get out more but that's what I'm scared about because I really don't wanna catch the virus I've said in the past I wish I had the virus because I want to do something that I can't say here cause I don't wanna upset anyone or worry anyone but I hope you understand what I mean when I say that 

I don't know what to do guys I'm really starting to lose it I'm trying to hang in there but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on can you give me some advice or some kind of support I'm really scared I really had to share this cause I don't think I would have told anyone otherwise 😭💔

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey there! Sorry to hear you're having a hard right now, thanks for sharing it with us! :)

It makes sense you were fine with the first one I think it's gotten harder over time for all of us. It's tough staying in.

It's understandable you are distancing yourself from others if you're not in a good mood, have you told your girlfriend why you guys haven't really talked? :) it's good she understands x 
    You said you're scared of what she would say to showing it more. Do you think you would be able to talk to her about it? It sounds like she care's and she may even want to as well!

I'm sure your friend will understand too, have you spoken to them since?
    I think you could push boundaries at comfortable lengths, if you wanted to get out more, you could go on walks to quiet places without many people? 

You could even get some fresh air by opening windows, walking around garden or the block. 
    I get what you mean :)

We're all here for you remember that 💛

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited February 2021
    Hey Brandon! 

I'm awfully sorry to read that you're having such a tough time. I think that it's great you have felt able to share what's going on for you so openly. We all genuinely care about you. I hope it helps to get everything off of your chest.

You're not going insane. You're living through a global pandemic. A time full of significant uncertainty and worry. I really don't think you're insane at all, your reactions and your feelings are all totally natural and valid. I don't think there's any 'right' way to live this out. It's all so stressful.  We've just got to take it one day at a time. Please be more kind to yourself. You are doing the best you can despite what's going on in the world.

I can really relate to what you're saying. This third lockdown has really gotten to me too. I had distanced myself from my pals and it didn't actually do anything for me. Actually, I think it made me feel worse. We're already isolated from so many people. I think it's healthy to keep the relationships we've got close during these difficult times.

I was able to make contact today with the pals I had distanced myself from and I was very open about what was going on, why I felt the need to distance myself, and how I'd like to carry on going forward. It was difficult, for sure but so worth it. I'm already feeling less isolated and more human. I'm wondering whether you'd feel able to do that? Like being honest with them just like you have here with us. 

I'm sorry about your relationship with your girlfriend. It sounds like yous could benefit from a good chat together. Honesty is always the best policy in any kind of relationship. It sounds like you care about your girlfriend and your relationship very much. I hope you manage to work things out, pal. 

I  think fresh air is needed for everyone. Being stuck inside all day every day is exhausting. I hear that you're scared of catching the virus and that's a very frightening thought. I love Laine's idea of opening the windows or walking around the garden. I found running a few laps of the garden did me the world of good, or even just throwing the ball for the dog. 

Do you live near a park or an open field? Perhaps you could go outside and walk in a large open space, that way you're not around people so it's unlikely you'll catch anything and you'll still manage to get some fresh air.

It sounds like you're all so overwhelmed and upset, I'm sorry things are so rough. It will get better though so hold on. We're right here beside you.

Keep us updated pal.