Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I feel so alone

WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
Hi everyone I hope you are well and safe. I just wanted to say that I have been feeling really alone recently and having no friends anymore doesn’t help me either and tonight i have been sitting in the dark all day because I’ve been so depressed please someone help me it’s very dark here in my mind and I don’t like it 

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hey, 

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. I know and can really understand how you feel, it is a really horrible place to be in. 

I wish I had more advice for you but just wanted to send you massive hugs and we’re always here to listen <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thank you means a lot if only there was a way to speak to you differently as I’m not always on here but thank you for your message it made my day sending you a hug back
  • Options
    Once you make 20 (I think) posts you will be able to send PMs, my inbox is always open if you ever want to chat. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Well I don’t know I mean I don’t even know how to use this yet so I will have to see but thank you your so kind but I don’t want to be a burden to you 
  • Options
    No problem, you’re never a burden to any of us!! Anything specific you’re struggling with when trying to use the boards? 
  • Options
    I just don’t want to seem to be whining about everything that I’m struggling with and I’m scared of pushing people away so that’s why I haven’t posted in a while 
  • Options
    Honestly it’s not whining, this website is designed to post your problems on, we all need support sometimes and it’s really great you’re reaching out for that support here. Make as many posts as you need if it helps you. I find sometimes it helps just to write things down in a post too like then at least you know someone has read it and heard what you’re saying <3 
  • Options
    Yes I get what your saying the problem with me is that I’ve had experiences in the past where people just ignore me when I reach out for help so I guess it’s confidence lacking I suppose ❤️
  • Options
    I know how you feel actually, it's natural to worry about reaching out, but there are lots of people on here who are always willing to listen. Plenty of kind, supportive people around and if a post ever gets missed feel free to give it a bump 
  • Options
    What do you mean by giving a post a bump? 
  • Options
    So every time you post in a thread, it brings it back up to the top of the boards, so it's more visible. That's bumping a post :) 
  • Options
    I haven’t got to that stage yet I’ve only just unlocked PM so now can send people messages 
  • Options
    sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hi,
    sorry to hear your really struggling and feeling alone. I hope you can see from all the replies on this post, that you have a community on here that care about you.
    thank you
    Ge