Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

psychology impact of game

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,966 Community Veteran
theres a game called 'medium' by my fav devoloper 'bloober', they are horror but ppl recomended 'journey' which is a tamer one. is horror bad for ur mental health
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I can't imagine it going any good loool

The alien talk on TikTock was enough to make me sleep with the light on and pester my friend about how scared I was hahaha. I don't know a lot about horror games but I am familiar with the slender mand game and Five nights at Freddy's. 
  • Options
    a game similar to slender man is 'kholat' about the detliev incident in russia
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    why on tiktok r ppl seriously injuring themselves, or showing themselves commiting suicide
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i know this world is grim, but....
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I wouldn’t say horror is bad necessarily, some people find it affects them more than others. It really scares some people but others aren’t affected at all because maybe some people can reason with themselves in their own head “this is all totally fictional and nothing can actually happen to me”. 

TikTok is very competitive, and a lot of people find the mental health side of it very damaging because people do make very distressing videos. Perhaps because they’re desperate for help, or because it makes those people feel like their struggles are more valid because of the reaction they get from the videos. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    if tiktok knew, why dont they terminate accounts, or suggest where to get help

i like horror games, i dont like feeling normal :))))
    Crazy mad insane