Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I think I've messed up

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys 

So earlier I was talking to my girlfriend and she was stressed about something and asked if she was going to die and I said I doubt it and then because she swallowed dust so I said I doubt it because I don't think swallowing dust is bad enough to kill you is it because I'm not sure and then she said don't scare me and then I said well you haven't died yet because I was trying to be positive and get her to be about it and then she said stop with this emoji 😭 I waited for a few minutes before replying and I said sorry and then she said k i think I've really messed up and made her mad at me  I'm not sure what to do or what I should say can you guys help me?

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey big hugs  <3

I don’t think you messed up it sounds like she was struggling and you were trying your best to help. Sometimes it can be hard to know exactly what to say and sometimes the thing we say doesn’t always offer the comfort we thought it would. I think in that situation I would let her know that I’m happy to listen is she needs anything and that I’m there for her and then just give her some time. 

You sound like a very caring person and don’t forget to look after yourself. We’re always here if you ever need anything, always happy to listen  <3

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya. Sorry I know this was posted a few days ago. So just wondering what happened with the situation and if you want to talk about it ?

I personally think it sounds like you did nothing wrong 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley