Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

places, flashbacks

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
everytime im in adeyfield, i get flashbacks of abuse, voilence and bulling and wat caused me to hav ptsd then the memories stay with me a long time wen i get home, how do i clear my mind b4 i go to a bad place of town? or how do i think differently, fml
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I’m really sorry to hear this @ellie2000 . It sounds awfully scary :(  Do you have a counsellor who you can talk to about this issue? They might be able to help you with your thoughts and feelings around that particular place.

I’m not too sure what would work for you but you could try meditation before going to areas which bring back uncomfortable thoughts ?

You could also perhaps try some grounding techniques whilst you’re in the area so that you’re able to remain more calm.

Sending hugs, I know you’re going through a lot but you’re strong and you’ve got this.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    wats meditation, no grounding techniques :)
    Crazy mad insane
    i dont hav a counsellor, i do the h.m zoom groups which teach, but thts it
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000 , how are you today? :)

So meditation is kind of like a breathing exercise where you focus on your breath and that helps you to relax. 
    I've got one here that you could check out. There are loads on youtube/spotifiy though.

I hear you say no grounding techniques and that's okay :) They don't work for everyone. I'm wondering if you feel able to tell your GP about these thoughts and feelings you're having? They might be able to get you in contact with a counsellor who could help.

Hope you're alright!

Crazy mad insane
    is it easy to tlk to urself, wen ur having anxciety attack
    Crazy mad insane
    edited January 2021
    wat does 'step out and tlk to urself' mean or r they being D__kish
    Crazy mad insane
    Ohhh, my bad!
    Grounding is just something that can calm you down when you're feeling super stressy

There are loads of grounding techniques on google. Here is a list i found :)

I'll share my fave below. It's called the 5,4,3,2,1 method and it's my go to whenever i'm feeling overwhelmed.

Pop both feed on the floor and 

5: List FIVE things you see 

4: List FOUR things you can touch 

3: List THREE things you hear (traffic, a fan, music etc etc)

2: List TWO things you can smell. 

1: List ONE thing you can taste

It can really help to pay attention to your surroundings.

There's also this wee gif which is good to help calm down

That's a good track by the way, I listen to lofi when i'm doing my home work sometimes :)

that wat the beathing square is?
    Crazy mad insane
    Think its very similar @ellie2000 :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I agree with Liam!  

Maybe you could also try writing how you feel down. And then it might feel like it’sa bit less out of your head? 

I understand that sometimes in the heat of a panic attack you can’t really focus on a way to ground yourself. Sometimes it’s about letting yourself feel and express yourself until it gets less overwhelming. I’m sorry you have to go through this
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley