Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sex

I’ve had dull cramps in my stomach since I ovulated 2 days ago - is this a sign of pregnancy? I’m paranoid & need answers 😩

Comments

• itsokaynottobeokayx_itsokaynottobeokayx_ Posts: 17 Settling in
    Even though these cramps are very dull, it’s the only symptom I’d had hit not sure if it’s normal or if it’s not - although it was a week ago only when I had intercourse and am Not due my period till the 29th roughly 
    I think I’ve ovulated anyway - its around that time but I’ve ad these dull cramps for around 2 days now 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey again, 

A lot of people don't know that you can actually get cramps when you're ovulating, if you google ovulation pain it's apparently quite common. It might be something like that if it's around the time you normally ovulate?

I really understand how scary a time this is for you, sending big hugs <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited January 2021
    I’ve had mine for about 2 & it is a symptom of pregnancy also which is why I’m worried. Although I did start getting these cramps in the day I was estimated to ovulate. Can ovulation cramps last for more than a day?

edited January 2021
    But I swear you don’t ovulate if you’re pregnant? How can you tell the difference?
    I’ve woken up with those dull cramps again today
    They’re gone now but is it possible to get some answers to stop me freaking out so much??
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    It's also possible that you're getting PMS symptoms a little early. I wouldn't worry too much. If your period comes a week or so late I'd take a pregnancy test but the chances of getting pregnant are actually super low tbh 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • LaylaNLaylaN Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi :) Would it be possible to take a pregnancy test? x
    I mean it was protected sex but i felt a warm sensation only when i stood up after it had happened, bearing in mind we were outside - I’ve only had a dull cramp in my lower abdomen with a few sharp pains higher up on my left occasionally for around 3 days on & off. X
    It was around my time of ovulation though & i think its too early for it to be implantation cramps (only had intercourse on the 10th of this month) 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey there, 

Please keep in mind that @The Mix can't provide medical advice; your GP or local sexual health clinic are always your best bet. 

I know that this must be a super scary and frustrating time for you. The best thing you can do is try to relax. If you're worried about pregnancy, you're going to be paying attention to every little thing your body does and the stress could delay your period right when you're counting on it to relieve your anxiety.

It could be any number of things causing the cramps you've described, from just really intense ovulation pain to early PMS to more complicated conditions like endometriosis. From the sounds of it, I'd say it's unlikely that you're pregnant since you had protected sex. That being said, nothing is impossible. If you miss your next period, try not to panic. As I said, stress (especially around ovulation) can really mess with your cycle. Give it a few days, then take a test to put your mind at ease. 

Maybe consider keeping track of any symptoms you might be experiencing on a period app or in a notebook. That way, you can put some physical distance between yourself and that worry. 

Please do keep posting here if you're feeling anxious about this. Sending big hugs <3