Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phobia of sperm??

shejewsikshejewsik Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi, so a very weird one today hahahaha

im a gay man, had sex since I was 17. Everything’s fine bla bla bla except I will physically puke when I smell or taste cum. Sometimes I puke when it just touches me. This obviously isn’t normal?? Notbing traumatic has ever happened, and it’s trhe only thing that makes me do this. I can’t afford a sex counsellor, but I have no idea what’s going on? I’ve never even heard of this being a thing??  

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey, welcome to The Mix @shejewsik 😀

That's an interesting one I've never heard of this kind of reaction especially from somone who's a gay man, I'm intrigued! Do you recon it's because cum is a bodily fluid and therefore a NOPE subconsciously?  Also, have you ever come accross somone with unpleasent smelling or tasting cum?

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @shejewsik! welcome to the boards :heart:

I think we can have reactions to certain things without really understanding why. Somewhere along the line our mind has associated said thing, in your case sperm, with a negative reaction! It's not your fault at all - our mind's work in interesting ways haha :smile:

I'm wondering if you can speak to your GP about any free or affordable services they may be able to offer you? I'm wondering if they could treat this as a phobia, rather than something specifically requiring a sex therapist, as that may be a more accessible way of speaking to somebody about this?  

• Options
    Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hey @shejewsik !

I'd also like to add, don't feel pressed to engage in oral sex if it is not something you like. 

Maybe you don't like the look, taste, smell, texture and sensation of cum. You could try to different sex positions and acts where you have little-to-no contact with your partners cum. 

But don't forget, the most important thing is to enjoy sex so switch it up until it's perfect for you :3 .