Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stuff or something wellbeing

tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
I don't know I just feel that I need to just say random things hence new thread.

So i'm kinda getting a little tired of all of this(pandemic ya know).
Not been as bad as in the summer my dad was a real ass back then and very hurtful.

I been feeling kinda sick as of late again tho my throat feel kinda bad, feels like a bit of my acidic reflux is back. Apparently I missed a hospital appointment  in November which i barely knew about apparently they told me on phone but they provided no letter and ya know they speak in accent on the phone so I don't really always know what they mean and just say yes. Plus i had other appointments and they keep cancelling and changing so its hard to know when is when. Anyway it now been changed date wise. I feel tho even when i do go they wont do much since it doesn't even seem like the right area of the hospital and when i say anything they dont seem to care or even look at the issue holistically literally they offer the most stupid fixes. It's kinda like they don't really think and just go through the motions. It's not even like they dont want to do something because its too risky they literally just don't listen or take into account what im saying, i think i need a bone doctor but not sure how to get referral as the doctors r so hard to talk to or get anything out of. And when u finally do ur on waiting list forever its been maybe 1 year wait just to examine something. 

Im also a little dissapointed im doing a lil comic just for practice its not great and im only trying to spend very minimal time on each page as a sort of experiment however the feedback i got kinda put me down more because it felt so negative. I already know its not totally great but im skipping a few steps and it is still legit better than mspaint comics and things like that. 
Im still gonna go through with it tho. There is a reason everything is so simplified. 
I might make a few edits to the start. And add more perspective later. I like helpful feedback but sometimes the way ppl speak is just like ouch.

The thing is if ppl dont let u experiment and try things out u just don't learn and u cant spend forever trying to edit something. I need to keep on going with it. I will probs read some comics for inspiration.
Some people while well intentioned with advice seem to not get it. I know there was one person who seemed like okay with comic but like tbh i ts barely even started. I know ppl will enjoy it if they see more and honestly it doesn't need to be 100 per cent, i intend to improve overtime, some ppl are just way too pushy, it makes me want to give up instead of carry on. I know for a fact that things I spend too much time on are the things i just drop.

Also whats annoying is I had two friends who have been saying lets meet for ages and still havent gone thru with it. I might not be able to meet during xmas time so idk its just very annoying and its just getting colder now xP like make up ur mind ya know

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi sorry to hear how tough things are lately. I’m tired of all this pandemic too, but talking definitely helps me. I’m Always happy to listen if you ever need anything.

I don’t really know anything about acid reflux or doctors appointments but that sounds really frustrating. I know my mum has a diary to help her remember appointments but it’s difficult if you can’t understand the people on the phone. But never be embarrassed to ask them to repeat things after all it’s a matter of health and well-being. 

Experimenting is definitely important, it’s nice to give things a go. I think that people often forget no one is an expert over night and it’s easy to judge a piece of work and complain especially online. I’m really sorry to hear you haven’t been getting very nice feedback. 

All I can say is don’t give up, it’s wonderful to have something you enjoy that you can focus on. Keep going I’m sure it will turn out awesome. Anything made with determination and passion is special in its own way. 

I really relate to how you feel right now in regards to meeting up with friends. Meeting up with friends is difficult right now especially when they don’t seem to be putting in any effort to make plans. Is it possible to suggest a few dates after Christmas you can meet up on and ask them to pick, it might get the ball rolling.

Sorry I haven’t really got any good advice and I hope none of this sounded rude or patronising. Venting and getting things off my chest always helps me and we’re always happy to listen.

Hope you have a happy day  :)
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @tkdog

Sounds like things are feeling a bit much at the moment, so I'm super glad you decided to let it all out! So much better to share than to have this all weighing on your shoulders - I'm proud of you :heart:

I'd firstly love to echo what @SpaceOtter has said as I totally agree. 

And if you enjoy working on your comics, and experimenting with things (which I agree is super important to do), then GO FOR IT! :heart: I understand it can be so deflating to receive negative feedback, or even if you aren't feeling great about it yourself. However, I believe that there's a lot of creativity inside you ready to burst onto the pages, and with a little self belief, you can create something that you feel very proud of! I for one will always encourage creativity and experimenting - good for the soul :smile:

I hope that getting things off your chest helped in some way. We will always be here whenever you want to rant! Take good care x
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular

I really relate to how you feel right now in regards to meeting up with friends. Meeting up with friends is difficult right now especially when they don’t seem to be putting in any effort to make plans. Is it possible to suggest a few dates after Christmas you can meet up on and ask them to pick, it might get the ball rolling.

Ya maybe that's a good idea ;P

Thanks guys