Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Relationship

Hey Everyone,
Just looking for some advice.

I've recently met someone on a dating app and we seem to have a lot in common and get on, although we haven't spoken much (yet).

I'm just looking for some advice as I feel like I'm going to mess it up, but I really like him.

We started talking yesterday and had a nice chat, when should I next message him (if he doesn't message me first) I don't want to seem to keen but I don't want him to think I'm not interested.

I'm quite a shy and quiet person so I'm a bit worried that he won't like me because of this or I'll get nervous when we talk and I don't want to make it awkward.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

Comments

• Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Hey Scotty!

I was a bit intimidated when I first used dating but genuinely speaking, I feel men dating men are a lot more pleasent and more open to the fact others may be 'muted' in a sense. I have not had much success dating guys online, but most the guys I have spoken to have been super interested in getting to know one another and are willing to let a few weeks go by without the 'ghosting' phase.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @scottyjones98

Sounds exciting and kinda nerve wracking! To be honest I think the only advice I could give is to be yourself, if you ‘mess it up’ by messaging too soon / too often then he probably isn’t right for you anyway? 
    Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hey @scottyjones98 !!!

My advice is just to be yourself! Don't follow any "rules" that say you should wait 72 hours or anything like that! Be yourself because he might also be too nervous to message you first! Someone has to make the first move :smiley:

Also, don't worry about being shy or nervous etc. when you first meet. He will be just as nervous too, even if he comes across as quite confident through messages. Try to be yourself, and let your personality shine! 

Good luck + have fun!