Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Opticians during COVID

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Wondering if anyone has been able to visit the opticians?
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I know a few friends who have it's not much different just you both wear a mask. They sanitize all equipment used all frames and tools etc before you come in :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2020
    Laine said:
    I know a few friends who have it's not much different just you both wear a mask. They sanitize all equipment used all frames and tools etc before you come in :)
    I had the same experience. :) Only one customer was allowed in at a time, too.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Thank you !!!

I'll try to see if I can book an appointment :D
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited October 2020
    Yes. I went on Sunday and everyone was wearing masks. Everyone who has an appointment is encouraged to go alone unless they are accompanying a minor or vulnerable adult. There is also social distancing areas and screens between each area where people have their glasses fitted between each customer. The optician was wearing a mask, gloves and an apron and all equipment was cleaned well. All glasses that are tried on but not wanted are put into a black box to be cleaned at the end of the day.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Wondering if anyone has been able to visit the opticians?
    Yep! It is not that much different except they wear a mask, and sometimes you will be asked to lower the mask so you dont steam the lenses.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee