Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Calling all bikers

DistractionDistraction Posts: 438 Listening Ear
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey!

So I'm learning how to ride a motorbike! I was wondering if anyone on here is a biker. If so, what and how long you been riding?

I'm really excited, but no one around me (apart from my dad) rides, so thought it'd be pretty cool to see if any of you guys do! 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey! I'm not a biker but my uncle is and I've always loved his bikes! 

Sorry I can't relate other than that but I wanted to jump out and say hi :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 438 Listening Ear
    Hey @Anch0r33 !

How have you been?

Thats still awesome  :)  , do you know what bikes he has? I'm looking to buy one after my CBT and love comparing them!   
    Hey! 

I'm doing alright, thank you :) how have you been?

You know... He told me what kind and had it over literally like a week or 2 ago but nooooo I forgot. 

I'm big into planes and bikes and how they work but not a lot about names as it goes righttttt out my head. 

Our neighbour saw his bike and was proper asking me all about who he was and how long he's rode for. 

I'll try and get some pics to show you! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Good, I've been good as well thanks, working away and attempting course work lol, thats alright haha, I forget the name of bikes really fast to, so many letters and numbers and still working out what they mean! 

I would love to see photos  :3

It's a good thing to be into, could be an engineer  ;)
    I was looking to join the RAF but I'm not sure if I want to do that or social work.... We will see. I'm studying English at uni so opens up some good opportunities within teaching and stuff 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    edited October 2020
    You could finish uni, then join the RAF for four years and then do social work, I'm doing product design at college then going onto uni, after I'll probably join the Army for four years and then start my design career in my 30's 
    RAF requires 12 years service which is kinda unfortunate. I tried to join the uni air squadron but my interview was unsuccessful. 

I'm only in 2nd year as an undergrad so got a bit of time! 

That sounds like a good plan, what's the army's minimum committment? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Thats an awful long time, army is only four years
    I'd be able to loop out of it by retiring from service due to pregnancy but I'd start when I'm like 25 and probably wouldn't even hit half of that commitment. Would seem shitty. 

4 years is much more manageable 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I rode an old RD125 for a year before getting a car, but I had a pretty bad accident that was almost the end of me.
    After that I stuck to motocross, and I gave that up a couple of years ago. My nipper still has a motocross bike - started riding at 4yo. Loves it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • _John_John Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    My first motorbike that I rode in 2014 was a Honda CB Trigger 150cc in a different country when I was 14 back then. That bike was gorgeous, I went over 30mph and knowing that I didn’t care that is illegal to ride it because I have no driving license and no insurance and not getting caught at the end.

Then my second visit to the same country 2019 last year where I do have my UK driving license this time, but I rode a 125cc Suzuki moped that is really underwhelming when it comes to power. Both of these bikes on how long I rode them for are only short period of time before heading back to UK.

Now I’m a car dude from now on because well my parents always worries of the safety and I can understand, but I wish I could ride another motorbike.
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    @Skive , Sorry to hear about your accident, the RD125 is a neat wee bike I must admit

@_John , I quite like Hondas, 14 year old lol brave, I feel like it'd be harder to ride a moped, think the balancing would be tricky, aye I can see where they're coming from, my step mum doesn't like them, if she got really stressed over it, I would think twice about it but she's ok atm (probs cos I don't have the bike yet) I'd really like a Yamaha ys 125