Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Negative thoughts what should I do

jamiel1234jamiel1234 Posts: 1 Just got here
My last relapse was in February. I went to the doctors  in January before it happend i knew i wasn't right  but no one phnd me back or anything. 

I've been haveing negative thoughts about myself for the last few weeks I've been writing them down but the thoughts r still there. I tried to confide in a friend but she just dismissed my feelings as if they were nothing. 
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy welcome <3

Well done for seeing your go before. Takes a lot to notice and be self aware of when things are starting to go bad and takes a lot of courage <3 

im sorry to hear how your friend responded some people are just not that aware of how bad mental illness is for those who are suffering. Have you tried to confide to anyone else?  
    Or have you thought about going back to speak with your gp? Sometimes gps are thinking it’s a sort term thing and leave it as that so you have to be persistent with them and keep saying I’m still feeling like this helppp. 

I’m glad you’re seeking help here though. Everyone’s lovely and all willing to help each other and listen <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    That sounds really tough @jamiel1234 negative thoughts are a huge problem for me too and I think are for a lot of people. It’s really hard to think positively about ourselves sometimes, and having someone tell you to “just think positively” or “stay positive” isn’t always the most helpful thing out there. 

Has anything helped you in the past when you’re having these thoughts? Writing them down sounds like a good thing, it gets them out of your head and can help you to avoid dwelling on them.

Is there anyone else you could speak to other than your friend?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”