Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crash

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
I'm back from holiday, I'm scared I'm gna crash into the pool of anxiety and depression and don't no wat to do..... Any techniques, hints or help xx
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hi @ellie2000 I hope you had a nice time on holiday :) It can be really good for our mental health to have some proper time away from day to day responsibilities. 

Do you have any friends or family that you can speak to about your mood?

It can be helpful to have distractions if you feel your mood is becoming worse, whether that's video games, listening to music, going for a walk or writing in a diary.  The Mix has a lovely article on how to deal with anxious thoughts here which is worth a read! https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/help-me-with-my-anxiety-5601.html 
  • Options
    Feel like I can't talk to anyone, things I tlk about come out by accident, wen ppl notice me cry or I hurt myself
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    OcelotFaceOcelotFace Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000 you should never be ashamed to talk about how you feel. 
    Like @PoppyB asked, do u have anyone u could talk to? 
    talking to people, even tho it's so little, can be the best thing you can do for yourself. Music has been my biggest help as someone who often gets sad and anxious. 
    sometimes i like to clean my room with music on and it helps sooo much because it keeps me busy and distracted!
  • Options
    OcelotFaceOcelotFace Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000
    if you feel like you can't talk to anyone, try using a diary... sometimes i even talk out loud... hearing my own thoughts and worries out loud can help me rationalize them 
  • Options
    I getting counciling sorted I looked into oxygen breath wat is it
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Nd I don't like police 😂 haha
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Will I have to tlk to a police officer
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Why do you think you might have to talk to a police officer? Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, but I understand you’re getting counselling or you’re on the waiting list for it? Counselling is confidential unless they are concerned for your safety 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Bcoz it says its funded by a policeman on the website n police scare me
    Crazy mad insane