Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clause 28

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think this deserves a thred to itself

This is in reply to the whole teenage pregnancy thing - if the government made it legal to educate and promote the practise of homosexual sexd, then this could alos be a form of reducing teengae pregnancy. For obvious reasons, it is impossible to get opregant having gay sex and, if practised safely (condoms etc), then socially, as well as emotionally, homosexuality is nothing but productive. This way, we kill 2 birds with one stone - homosexuality becomes more accepted in the society and more acknowledged as a legitimate and loving form of human relationship and also, there are less pregnancies because homosexuals previousely afraid to 'come out' andtherefore forced into heterosexual relations no lonmger nbeed to. I am not suggestonmg that homosexuality can be used as a cotraceptive - being gay is not a choice, it is a predetermined state, like being female or like being black of asia - it biological - but the promotion of homosexuality could be beneficial uin this way

Comments

• Options
    That is by far the single most moronic, retarded thing I have ever heard anyone suggest, ever in my entire lifetime.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    That is by far the single most moronic, retarded thing I have ever heard anyone suggest, ever in my entire lifetime.
    :D
  • Options
    Someone attempting to justify their existence? :confused:
  • Options
    why is this so rediculous? I think it is only reasonable that homosexuality is treated in the same way as heterosexuality.

And by the way., I am not gay...i have a girlfreind. I just think the time has come to be more open minded and tolerant about these 'taboo' subjects.

Is it so unreasonable for a striaght guy to want equal rights for everyone?
  • Options
    You arent talking about equal rights...You are talking about convincing more people to become gay in order to avoid teenage pregnancies. Why should homosexuality be treated in the same way as heterosexuality? Its a minority of people who are homosexual so its only sensible that more resources be focuses on the majority.

Oh and homosexuality is a choice at that age...The kids dont know what they are at that age and some of them would give homosexuality a try before they were able to come to the conclusion of their sexuality themselves.

Homosexual sex isnt a taboo subject :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by overzealous

And by the way., I am not gay

Well i am and i think you're a prat. Sexuality is a mixture genetics, enviroment and choice. I don't think homosexuality should be "promoted" in schools but it shouldn't be made to be some "behind the bike sheds" issue either.
  • Options
    why is this so rediculous? I think it is only reasonable that homosexuality is treated in the same way as heterosexuality.

And by the way., I am not gay...i have a girlfreind. I just think the time has come to be more open minded and tolerant about these 'taboo' subjects.

Is it so unreasonable for a striaght guy to want equal rights for everyone?

You can't force people to be open minded and tolerant about something that was until recently illegal for hundreds of years. You can't force people to be tolerant of a small group of people who do things differently.

What you can do is wait. If you've had your eyes open you'd see that over the last 50 years people have become more tolerant and open minded without being forced to be. They have grown to accept homosexuality for what it is, and many have adopted an attitude similar to lots of other things, one of blissful ignorance. A lot of people I know have the attitude "what they do in private is none of my concern". I also agree with this, what people choose to do in private is none of my concern. By FORCING people to be tolerant you bring the whole issue of homosexuality back into the limelight, and people become resentful towards it.
    I believe the best way to go is to just enjoy the status quo. A lot of people don't like knowing what straight couples get upto at home, those same people don't want to know what gay couples get upto.
  • Options
    In R.E, schools teach about and raise awareness of many world religions, even though religions like buddhism, hinduism and sikhism can be classified as 'minority' religions when contrasted with christianity in this countyr. why then, if these are discussed openly can the different types of sexuality be discussed in the same way?

As somone pointed out - gayness was legalised last century - in other words, one century ago, homosexuality was fobidden and treated like a crime. Drugs, underage drinking and sex are all crimes and are all part of the curriculum. why, then , is a preefectly legal practise such as jhomosexuality barred form the classroom? qwhich is worse, taking ecstasy or having gay sex?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

You can't force people to be open minded and tolerant about something that was until recently illegal for hundreds of years. You can't force people to be tolerant of a small group of people who do things differently.

Before the late Victorian period, homosexuality was accepted quite openly, at least amongst the upper classes. In fact, buggery was only made illegal after being written into a bill on sexual practices by MPs opposing the bill, in the belief that the notion of outlawing buggery would be so outrageous that the bill would fail. Their plan failed, and the bill was passed anyway.

And my view of people who don't tolerate gays is exactly the same as my view of racists; "you may be an ignorant, bigotted twat, but that doesn't mean you automatically have the right to subject anyone else to your pathetic views".
  • Options
    i may be reading your post all wrong, but are you suggesting that i ma a racist because if you read my stuff on this oage, you will find i ma just trying to get a bit of equailty aacross the board. I sunbscribe to the very same view of bigots, wehatever their prejudice.
  • Options
    i may be reading your post all wrong, but are you suggesting that i ma a racist because if you read my stuff on this oage, you will find i ma just trying to get a bit of equailty aacross the board. I sunbscribe to the very same view of bigots, wehatever their prejudice.

You were reading it all wrong ;)

I was simply stating my beliefs; I wasn't suggesting you were racist :)
  • Options
    kool - sorry, its just that i have been getting a bit of stick from people for wanting to remove clause 28 from the big book of laws, many oif whom have implyed that i am being unreasonable and, to quote, retarded.

glad to know we're both reading from the same manual
  • Options
    In R.E, schools teach about and raise awareness of many world religions, even though religions like buddhism, hinduism and sikhism can be classified as 'minority' religions when contrasted with christianity in this countyr. why then, if these are discussed openly can the different types of sexuality be discussed in the same way?

I was taught about gay sex in school. dunno.gif

Gay sex can be talked about....but promoting it in an attempt to reduce teen pregnancies is just stupid...

The reason I called your post retarded was because you grouped the two issues together...Promoting homosexuality simply to reduce the levels of teen pregnancy.
  • Options
    And I made stick not because I hate gays and think they should all hide, but because there is a difference in promoting it, and informing people that it goes on. It should all be proportionate however. Obviously there are a lot more people having straight sex, and there are a lot more people using drugs, than there are gay people.
    The latter-drugs can also be a lot more dangerous than a having a gay relationship. See my point?