Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety

Hi Everyone I am new here and I just wanted to talk to you about my anxiety and how it affects me I actually can never sleep properly now I have a lot of panic attacks than usual I overthink a lot and that stops me from being happy also falling out with friends is really upsetting and painful for me.
I get loads of physical symptoms such as chest pains lump in my throat headaches stomach aches feeling sick light headed a lot of aches and pains lets  just say that it is very tiring and then I get disturbing thoughts.
So if any of you guys feel the same I'm here for you <3 I understand 

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited August 2020
    Hey there @Emoji246 and welcome to The Mix community! It's awesome that you have reached out here!  :)

It sounds like anxiety is troubling you a lot recently, you mentioned that you can't sleep properly, which won't be making you feel any better either mentally or physically i'm guessing? Do you find that your anxiety is worse at night time? How would you feel about creating a new bedtime routine, it may include things that you know relaxes you to try to allow your body and mind to go into a more settled state. For example, you may bring meditation into your bedtime routine. This article from MIND talks some more about sleeping with anxiety, and tips to reduce it that may be worth checking out. 

Having lots of panic attacks sounds pretty tough, have you found anything that helps you to calm down when you can feel the panic attack coming on?

Do you want to share some more about falling out with your friends? It's understandably going to be upsetting and painful so sending massive hugs. 

You mentioned having disturbing thoughts, do you want to explain more about these? 

There is a charity called Anxiety UK, it can offer practical advice and information on support services that are available, to anybody affected by anxiety, stress and/or anxiety based depression. They have a telephone, email, live chat and text service that may be interesting to take a look at. I will pop this information in the spoiler below!  <3

Telephone: 03444775774

Email: support@anxietyuk.org.uk

Live Chat Advisory Service: Available during office hours, via the website.

Text: 07537 416 905

Services are available Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays). For more information about the infoline services, click here.

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Emoji246 Welcome to The Mix
    I am sorry to hear that you've been feeling so anxious recently though I'm glad you've reached out, we are all here for you. It can be awful having your anxiety keep you from sleeping and living your life how you'd like, especially when you also get physical symptoms and panic attacks. 
    It's understandable to want some peace and to be struggling with how you are feeling. I'm wondering how long your anxiety has been affecting you this way?
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi @Jade09 @Gemma Thanks so much for reading my post. Well with my anxiety I would say it’s pretty bad now that I lost most of my friends 😓🥺I have lost interest in doing stuff I don’t eat properly still don’t sleep properly I try my hardest to go to sleep early but it doesn’t work I went to sleep at 5am and I have school on Thursday 😣
    I hate when my friends fall out with me 😭