Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm just lonely

anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
hii I'm new to the website so I dont rlly know how this all works yet but I'm just so so sad and lonely rn. my depression feels like it's taking a bigger piece of me everyday and I just want to die. it's so hard to get people to understand or talk about it without triggering myself and thinking about past attempts
anyways I couldnt sleep tonight but I'm absolutely knackered and everything feels overwhelming
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @anonymous334

Welcome to the boards and congrats on making your first post! We are all right here to support you :heart: If you have any questions about how anything works feel free to ask away! 

I can hear you had a difficult night, and it sounds like you are going through a really tough time. Sending you huge hugs, I am so glad you decided to reach out. Please know that you never ever have to deal with this alone - we will always be right here :heart:

You say that you find it difficult to talk about your feelings without triggering yourself and thinking about past attempts. With this in mind, I'm wondering whether you have any support in place at the moment or whether this is something that makes it challenging to seek support? For what it's worth, you did really well by opening up here - so that's something to feel very proud of :smile:

I also just wanted to ask whether you are safe at the moment? I'm going to pop a few links into the 'spoiler' below. Just click to open it and then you can follow the links to helpful support for when you are struggling. You deserve to feel safe and supported, always :heart:

• And also always remember that if you are ever struggling to keep yourself safe you can call 999 :heart: 

Please feel free to talk more about how you are feeling whenever you feel comfortable and ready - if you would like to of course. We are here to support you in whatever way you think would help the most. 

Take good care :heart:
  • Options
    @coc0mac

thank you for much the response and for being so sweet! I was nervous to make this post and you're the first person who's interacted with me on here and you've made me feel so welcome, thank you! 
    Also thank you for the links, they are much appreciated!
    I have an assessment with camhs on friday (my first one!!) and so I'm hoping that will provide an opportunity to sort of help me with bad thoughts. Things are really difficult at the moment but I feel way better having read ur response, it actually means the world to me ❤ 
    I hope you're okay and if you arent doing well then I'm here for a chat always! xxxx
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its good to hear you have an assessment Friday i hope it helps it's a good start :)

It always seems worse at night I find.

Is there anything you do to help you sleep? Get a warm glass of milk, listen to relaxing music or sounds? 

If you find yourself unable to sleep then do something you enjoy. I always put Netflix on it's better to be occupied than stressed over the premise of not sleeping x

It's understandable that you find it difficult to talk about without triggering yourself so it's great you've managed to be open here!

I always say focus on emotions/feelings over actions. 

It's easy to be upset right now and think about past attempts, so focus more on why you're upset, ask yourself what you're feeling and what you can do to help it.

We're all here for you💜

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited August 2020
    You are more than welcome! I am so pleased to hear that. Best of luck with your assessment and congrats for making that step! It would be great to hear how it goes for you :smile:

And yes I am doing well, thank you so much for asking! :heart:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    edited August 2020
    Hiya @anonymous334, I’m really sorry to hear you’re feeling the way you are it’s really awful to feel like that I know it is but sometimes writing it all down like you’ve done here can be helpful - it gets it out of your head and can stop you dwelling on it for a while if nothing else. 

It’s great to hear you’ve got your assessment on Friday I really do hope that goes well and you get the support you need from CAMHS. I’ve got experience with CAMHS from a few years ago now, it does depend on who you see but the lady I saw was really kind and helpful.

As Laine said above it’s sometimes better if you can’t sleep to do something instead of just lying there thinking. I find that putting music on is good and helps me to relax a bit until I’m actually ready to fall asleep.

It can be hard to find things we enjoy when feeling like this, but do you have anything you enjoy doing that you find helpful?

I’m usually up very late so always here if you need a chat <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ heya! it's really reassuring to hear the lady you spoke with was kind. you dont have to answer but I'm wondering if you feel camhs helped/is helping you get better? I'm really worried about being treatment resistant aha! thank u for such a sweet response, I'm also up for a late night chat if u need ❤❤❤

@Laine I completely agree, things always feel way more intense and horrible and night! honestly I've never even thought of trying to watch netflix instead, I always stay up tossing and turning 😭 do u have any show recommendations?

@coc0mac I will update you!! fingers crossed it goes well.glad to hear you're good,always here to chat if need be ❤

I cant fully express how much all of ur support means to me xx
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It did help at the time @anonymous334, I think I was about 9 when I saw them and I’m now 17. Unfortunately a lot of my issues have now returned and much much worse than they ever were so I really need to go back to my GP. But it did help when I went but I was very very young 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @anonymous334 Hi and welcome to the mix I am new really also I understand how not sleeping affects people because I have trouble sleeping too if you've seen my recent thread 
    You are not alone here to talk on here or if you want you can message me directly  <3