Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can u get breast cancer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really really wanna have a boob job done....but I'm scared of complications and I'm scared of breast cancer.

Last year I went to a spiritual reader and she read me hand...she told me that she knows i am thinking of having me boobs done but she said that if I do i'll get breast cancer so she said I shouldn't do them.

My boyfriend said that it's not true and that you don't get breast cancer from doing a boob job.

Can anyone confirm that?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure but found this on the Department of Health website.

It has info on breast implants and somewhere there's some info on potential risks.
  • Options
    Re: can u get breast cancer?
    Originally posted by lost the plot

Last year I went to a spiritual reader and she read me hand...she told me that she knows i am thinking of having me boobs done but she said that if I do i'll get breast cancer so she said I shouldn't do them.

WTF :eek: Are they allowed to say things like that ? Thats a fucking disgrace.

It also occurs to me that people who do not have boob jobs also get breast cancer.
  • Options
    Breast cancer is a very common cancer in women, and we all need to be aware of it. Implants do not necessarily cause cancer, but may make it harder to spot at an early stage in some women.